Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by MrBarnett 4 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 36 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by MrBarnett 40 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 42 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Michael W Richards 48 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by MrBarnett 1 hour and 13 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (113 posts)
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - (21 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: distances between kills.odd - (19 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - (10 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - (8 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Most Ridiculous Theory - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Hutchinson, George

Old 03-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
I think the confusion with a telegram may have arisen because 'it' (Hutch's story) is then described as a 'message', which can imply brevity, though not in this context. In the true sense of the word it was a message, which required a response, which came in the form of Abberline hot-footing it to investigate the story he had just read, firstly by interrogating Hutch to assess its overall credibility.
There's no confusion regarding the telegram, Caz. A potentially crucial eyewitness had walked into Commercial Street Police Station with a story which, if true, would likely result in the arrest of Jack the Ripper. Abberline was advised of such and made his way to Commercial Street to speak to the informant in person. This was standard procedure. Witness statements were not sent all over London on an ad hoc basis. They were bundled together and sent to Central Office collectively. No mystery. No confusion.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:24 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hi Garry,

So this telegram presumably went the way of other police documents on Hutch that have not survived.

I don't suppose Ben will be happy with that thought.

Love,

Caz
X

Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
Hi Garry,

So this telegram presumably went the way of other police documents on Hutch that have not survived.

I don't suppose Ben will be happy with that thought.

Love,

Caz
X
And then there's the use of uncorroborated press reports. Acceptable when used to criticize Hutchinson, but not acceptable when used to defend him.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:32 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Wroe View Post
I lost interest long ago, Jon. It began with the Keeler as Gallagher nonsense, then intensified progressively with the Commercial Home admission policy argument, your assumed psychic connection with Anderson, the assertion of a whiter than white Metropolitan Police Force,...
In other words, anything that exposes your ill-researched theory. Which once challenged appears to have little to no source to back it up. If it was not for uncorroborated press theories your book could not have been written.
So much for integrity.
Ironically, it is this very source you criticize ONLY when used against you, but where would your case be without it?

Quote:
...false attributions regarding what Sarah Lewis saw on her way to the Keylers, and culminated with the Isaacs as Astrakhan rubbish.
As much as you selectively reject anything in the press that exposes your theory, ironically, Inquest coverage is among thee most reliable of press coverages. As reliable as Parliamentary debates, Sports, Foreign News, Natural disasters, War in South Africa, and so on.
For all the huffing and puffing about the press coverage of the inquests, not once have you, or anyone who buys into your theory, ever demonstrated errors of content, nothing above mispronunciations, and misspellings.

What is less reliable are the press 'on the street' interviews. Reports which came from Diemschitz, Schwartz, Packer, and yes, Hutchinson, Kennedy, and the rest.
Any one of these stories could have been tampered with in order to 'excite' the reader, make an otherwise boring exchange into something worth talking about.

The worst type of press coverage is, Press Opinion, the very subject you put absolute faith in. The desire is all too obvious to present this particular newspaper as "one who knows", who have the inside track with the authorities. All unsubstantiated nonsense, yet without this your case would fall apart.

And to return to this little gem.
Quote:
I first began researching Hutchinson and his part in the Ripper case in the mid-Eighties. I dare say that no-one has researched this man to anything like the length and depth as I have done over the decades. Perhaps this is something you ought to remember the next time you're tempted to demonstrate the extent of your Hutchinson-related knowledge.
Remind me, where was he born, when was he born, where did he live, where did he work?
Was he ever married, and was his real name George Hutchinson?
If you had truly spent 30+ years researching this man, shouldn't we expect that you would be able to provide some very basic answers to these questions?
Can you provide any factual answers to just one of those questions?

I dare say you have spent 30+ years looking for ammunition to build a case against him but don't try tell me you actually 'know' anything about him.

Maybe it's just me, but I think you can only begin to research a man, once you find him!
That, as they say, has become 'a Bridge too far' for you.

Quote:
This would be the same Hutchinson who was rejected by police as a credible eyewitness, right?
Really Garry, so tiresome.
You have nothing but bluff.