Who left whom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello Jon. Not that far along yet. This is the first I've seen of this, and it looks like a mistake. If true, then my first question is, "Why would SHE leave him?"

Pleased to hear your thoughts.

Cheers.
    LC
    1. Because he was not working and they had nothing to live on.

2. She could not work as effectively if Barnett continued living there with her -- not to mention the fights her working brought on.

It also appears that it was her room. Remember McCarthy's testimony that he rented the room to her and the man he believed was her husband? Wasn't there evidence somewhere that McCarthy thought both their names were Kelly?

Joe was the one who physically moved, but it was probably MJK who insisted that he move out, don't you think?

Joe's testimony "I would never have left her if it had not been . . . ." I forget the exact words, but that has led us to believe he was the one who made the decision. And, perhaps in the end, after fighting and talking in circles, it became a mutual decision.

Comment

explain

Hello David. Well, can you explain the whys, the mechanisms, etc? And why kill the others?

Is he suffering from schizophrenia? Most schizophrenics are non-violent. But Fleming seemed to suffer from paranoid delusions and MIGHT have been violent.

But a severe episode seems not to last more than a few weeks. The killings lasted longer than that.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

after you

Hello (again) David. Are you suggesting he left her, THEN she left him?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

McCarthy

Hello Velma. Well, McCarthy said that. Was he sincere? Hard to tell. Had he said otherwise he could have been accused, ultimately, of keeping a brothel.

But your view here is very consistent. Thanks for helping.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

contemplation

Hello (again) Velma. Yes, possibly a mutual decision. But, given the accuracy of the clipping, she seemed to contemplate it for awhile before it happened.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Hello (again) Velma. Yes, possibly a mutual decision. But, given the accuracy of the clipping, she seemed to contemplate it for awhile before it happened.

Cheers.
              LC
              and some glitch meant I double posted. . . sorry about that.

Lynn, what was the date on the clipping?

It could indicate that her conversation with Julia was during the time between the broken window and Joe's removal from Miller's Court. If so, she could have been confiding in a girl friend about the troubles in her relationship that Joe already knew about.

Comment

Hello (again) David. Are you suggesting he left her, THEN she left him?

Cheers.
                LC
                I think Curious and I have already explained that.

Comment

Hello David. Well, can you explain the whys, the mechanisms, etc? And why kill the others?
                  What a question. He killed them because he was a serial killer. Now he has not given interviews like Dahmer or Kemper, so I don't know much more.

Is he suffering from schizophrenia? Most schizophrenics are non-violent. But Fleming seemed to suffer from paranoid delusions and MIGHT have been violent.
                  True. Venturney's statement and the Stone records tell us he could be violent.

But a severe episode seems not to last more than a few weeks. The killings lasted longer than that.
                  Oh, now we have to look for a killer that can only kill during a "severe and long episode" ?
                  I'm respectfully stunned.

Comment

inquest

Hello Velma. The date was November 17, 1888. Of course, it was SUPPOSED to be from inquest.

It would be interesting if it really were what MJK had confided in Julia.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

episode

Hello David. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't serial killers who kill family/friends, usually START with them, not conclude?

The violent episodes do not last long. They are over rather quickly. And often they involve NO killing.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hello Velma. The date was November 17, 1888. Of course, it was SUPPOSED to be from inquest.

It would be interesting if it really were what MJK had confided in Julia.

Cheers.
                        LC
                        So, long after the inquest and public knowledge of the two Joes.

It occurred to me that the article might have been before and therefore effectively determining which Joe by that.

Guess not.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't serial killers who kill family/friends, usually START with them, not conclude?
                          LC
                          Lynn, have a look at Ed Kemper, necro-sadist and necrophile.

Comment

???

The violent episodes do not last long. They are over rather quickly. And often they involve NO killing.

Cheers.
                            LC
                            Does it mean a lunatic cannot be a serial killer ?

Comment

timing

Hello Velma. Difficult to say. "The Mercury" was published only once a week.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

caught

Hello David. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cannot? Ah, the modal term. Those are best avoided.

What about likely? Well "serial" requires 3. Many are caught before that limit.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X