No announcement yet.

London Job 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told Clacky sorry I can't be there-- be there in spirit- want to see the GOOD pics!!! x
    Last edited by Suzi; 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM.
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Firth View Post
      I'm booked in at the Travelodge London Docklands, out at Poplar. £55 isn't bad for London accommodation, but the only downside is I have to keep a eye on the time to make sure I can still get the DLR from the Whitechapel/Spitalfields area.

Looking forward to it, but let's keep our fingers crossed for some decent weather on the day!

All the best
      Andrew
      That's a bit of a trawl there Andy! you'd be better off at the Liverpool St Travelodge that's walkable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
        I thought that a w*nker and a tosser was the same thing - or do you know something that I don't?
        He he Stewart we must share the same dick-shunary as we do!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
          That's a bit of a trawl there Andy! you'd be better off at the Liverpool St Travelodge that's walkable!!!
          Suzi, oh don't be so formal with all this "Andy" stuff!

Please, call me Andrew..

The Liverpool Street Travelodge certainly is more convenient.

And more expensive.

Yours etc

A poor old Yorkshireman

Comment

Hi

Ive been asked if anyone can attend.

Hell yes, alls welcome, and I mean that. Just be prepared to do a lot of walking (possibly in the rain) and a bit of supping.

Some may note that there is a WS meet the same day, in the evening. We kinda arranged this job to tie in with that. So those who wish to attend please have no fear of missing the meet as we intend to be there also.

Finally, we are meeting outside Aldgate East Tube station at 12 Noon on Saturday 3rd April 2010.

We will be leaving around ten minutes later, no waiting Im afraid.

If anyone wants my mobile PM or Email me and Ill give you Robs.

Also, if anyone is on Facebook there is a site for this job.

Catch y'all there.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              Finally, we are meeting outside Aldgate East Tube station at 12 Noon on Saturday 3rd April 2010.
              That's the Leman Street corner exit.
              We're heading into the wilds of Limehouse and Poplar. So any requests put them on this thread and I'll try and work out a workable route.

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

How about 14 West India Dock Road, where police photographer Joseph Martin had his studio from 1894-1905. I believe you once told me it's across from the old police station.

Thanks, and have a great expedition. Also get Phil to bring his video camera.

Robert

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                Hi

Ive been asked if anyone can attend.

Hell yes, alls welcome, and I mean that.
                Even nutters, wankers, and tossers!

Comment

Hi Robert,

Leave it with me. I'll add it to the list. I don't think the building is there but I'll check it out.

Hope your well.

Rob

Comment

I would LOVE to attend, if possible? If so, would I be able to bring my camera?

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
                      I would LOVE to attend, if possible? If so, would I be able to bring my camera?
                      Of course you can.

rob

Comment

Thanks Rob - see you all then.

Oh, and say hello to Croydon for me - it's not the most glamorous of birthplaces but it's mine and I'm proud of it!

Comment

I've made a suggestion on the Facebook London Job 2010 group to produce a kind of souvenir photo book of the day which everyone who attends can contribute to.

The idea being that everyone selects their best photos of the day, writes a caption for each photo, and then e-mails or burns to CD and then posts, them off to yours truly, who will then put it all together into a blurb book, along the lines of "Past Traces".

I know Monty is keen on this idea, but what does everyone else think?

All the best
                          Andrew

Comment

Andrew - that sounds like a cracking idea to me. Obviously there may be some logistical hiccups if, say, 2 or 3 people choose as their photo similar views of the same location, but nothing we couldn't overcome. Where would any income go? That's an awful lot of contributors to start giving 3/4 of a royalty point each or something daft, I for one would be happy for it to go back to support Casebook, but then I'm not a professional photographer.

I'm 100% up for it though - looking forward to this more all the time.

Comment

Andrew -

I second all the above.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

My feelings are that most people will photograph a place using their own style; in other words not everyone will point their camera in exactly the same direction. I don't expect it to be much of a problem to be honest.

As for profits, well I'm afraid there usually aren't any with blurb.com! Say for example that you upload a book of 120 pages (so that's 60 sheets of paper) bound in softback format, then each one will cost £16.95. That covers the cost of printing the book (it's print on demand after all) and blurb's profit. The only way for an author / photographer to make money on it, is to set the price of the book higher than the standard £16.95. So, if you sell it for £17.95 you make a quid profit, but as it's mainly going to be the London Job attendees buying it, we're only fleecing ourselves aren't we?

I kept my book "Past Traces" at £16.95, as I wanted people to see the book and enjoy it. I didn't do it for profit. Just the enjoyment of putting a book of my own together. Same here with the London Job book.

I'm sure that even "published" authors such as Philip and John will confirm that there's little profit to be made, even when copies are being sold via bookshops or via Amazon etc.

All the best
                                Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X