No announcement yet.

Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking that MoF was mentioned but maybe that was another thread. Some people think it's solved so I don't know if that's the issue.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by HollyDolly View Post
      The Servant Girl Annilahtor of Austin,Texas,who killed several domestic servants in the 1880s or 90s and was never caught.
      According to my records, there were eight murders in 1884-85.

Stan Reid

Comment

Strangely, unsolved serial murders were almost nonexistent in the 1950s. In fact, the Atteridgeville Mutilator, who killed six in South Africa during 1956, is about it.

Stan Reid

Comment

Regarding the 1950s, I should note that some tie the Grimes Sisters murders and the Judith Anderson slaying together as the Chicago Child Killings or the Matinée Murders in 1956-57. Personally, I doubt that they are connected.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by jdrake View Post
            #10 would be the Alphabet Murders
            AKA The Double Initial Killer although you might say Triple Letter Slayer if you include the dump locations.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              Strangely, unsolved serial murders were almost nonexistent in the 1950s.
              There were some who may have finished up or started in the 50s like Cleveland Torso who may have committed his final murder in 1950 of Jack the Stripper who could have began with a slaying in 1959. Both these examples are highly speculative.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jack View Post
                The Interstate 45 Murders have always intrigued me.
                As per another thread, there's supposed to be a movie in the works on this one. We'll have to wait and see.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by HollyDolly View Post
                  The Servant Girl Annilahtor of Austin,Texas,who killed several domestic servants in the 1880s or 90s and was never caught.
                  This is the oldest true serial killer case that is completely unsolved I can think of. Can anyone think of an older one?

Stan Reid

Comment

Newton's The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers lists the Ratcliffe Highway Murders from 1811, which are technically unsolved, but since they occurred in a 12 day period I would call them spree killings rather than a serial.

Stan Reid

Comment

Newton's The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers lists the Ratcliffe Highway Murders from 1811, which are technically unsolved, but since they occurred in a 12 day period I would call them spree killings rather than a serial.
                      Maybe spree mass murders would be even more correct.

Stan Reid

Comment

It appears that the so-called Grim Sleeper Case has finally been solved.

Stan Reid

Comment

It appears that the so-called Grim Sleeper Case has finally been solved.
                          Or at least, Lonnie David Franklin Jr. has been arrested in connection with the crimes.

Stan Reid

Comment

Was this case kept under wraps for a while? The reason I ask is because I don't see it in The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers. Perhaps they just missed it.
                            I submitted Maskenmann to ESK so it should be in there if there's ever a Third Edition.

Stan Reid

Comment

Mr. Newton said in his email to me that the chance of a Third Edition of ESK is still up in the air.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. John Watson View Post
                                Just popped in for a second. Interesting thread. If you rely on television documentaries to provide all the facts in a case, don't. They usually have biased premise that almost always attacks the historic, and accepted, view. It's a one-sided presentation, like a jury hearing only from the defendant's attorney. The case of the Boston Strangler is a case in point. No one who has studied the complete history of the case, reviewed the police reports and - most importantly - read the complete transcript of DeSalvo's confessions, can ever doubt that he and he alone committed all of the murders attributed to the Strangler. Since the case was solved by DeSalvo's confessions, it certainly cannot compare with JTR.
                                Sorry, I cannot agree with this. I think the confession was bogus and I am entirely unconvinced that de Salvo was the Strangler. Actually I doubt if de Salvo ever murdered anyone, altho he did commit other crimes.

DNA has pretty much cleared him of the last "Strangler" murder (that of Mary Sullivan), and I'm beginning to agree with some researchers who think that in fact there was more than one "Boston Strangler".

I also find it extremely suspicious that de Salvo was murdered in prison (the murder is still unsolved, BTW!!) shortly before he was allegedly going to "spill the beans" to the press.

I think someone wanted de Salvo to keep his mouth shut, and that someone may well have been a Mr. George Nassar. (Wanna sue me, George? Please do...I could use the money lol!)
                                "It's either the river or the Ripper for me."~~anonymous 'unfortunate', London 1888

Comment

Working...
                                X