Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could see one photo of someone from the case (excluding MJK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, MJK is #1 on most readers' lists. We likely DO have at least one photo of Inspector Abberline- he's probably somewhere in that group pose of H Division, we just don't know which one he is. And we have photos of Druitt in his younger days at school (but a contemporary photo would be rather interesting). I think the most USEFUL photos would be those for Kosminski, Nathan Kasminski and "Cohen" (whatever his actual name was) that might clear up that whole identification mess. George Hutchinson & Joseph Fleming/James Evans would be helpful also (WERE they the same fellow?), along with Charles Cross/Lechmere. Then any others of the victims in life. Joseph Martin, the photographer, is another high priority. I'd be interested in a photo of "Pearly Poll"- was she as "masculine" as newspapers reported?

- CFL

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
      The Chapman crime scene. That way we could establish how far she was from the stoop, the height of the fence, etc.
      This gets my vote too.
      Cheers,
      Pandora.

Comment

I’d like to add a photograph of the GSG to the list.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Neither the Chapman crime-scene or GSG were people if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            I’d like to add a photograph of the GSG to the list.
            As we're extremely unlikely to be able to identify the writer of the graffito, I'd prefer a few photos of the doorway at, say, 1AM. My guess is that the GSG was already there.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              As we're extremely unlikely to be able to identify the writer of the graffito, I'd prefer a few photos of the doorway at, say, 1AM. My guess is that the GSG was already there.
              Hi Sam
              George Hutchinson was in the Victoria home, gsg being in direct route from Mitre square (and close) and is also the only other source of evidence that specifically mentions a jew as a suspect.

and it would also be hutch that id want to see a photo of.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hello Abby,

The good news is that we do have a photo of Hutch, albeit in old age, unless it was a contemporary image you were after.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I’d love to have seen what Pearly Poll looked like.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Contemporary suspects like Charles Ludwig or William Piggott

Comment

Hello Abby,

The good news is that we do have a photo of Hutch, albeit in old age, unless it was a contemporary image you were after.
                      Yes contemporary.

And I’m not too sure that toppy is hutch. I think there’s almost as good a chance if not more that ausssie George uncovered by Stephen Sinese is the witness.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                        Contemporary suspects like Charles Ludwig or William Piggott
                        Yup like Kosmimski, Pizer etc.

I think the main thing the police could have done better was to use photography more. As in taking pictures of all , or most, valid suspects to show to witnesses.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          And I’m not too sure that toppy is hutch. I think there’s almost as good a chance if not more that ausssie George uncovered by Stephen Sinese is the witness.
                          I loved Stephen's book, but the identification of Aussie George as our man is, in my view, rather tenuous. The comparative signatures have personally convinced me 100% that Toppy is indeed "the" Hutch.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I loved Stephen's book, but the identification of Aussie George as our man is, in my view, rather tenuous. The comparative signatures have personally convinced me 100% that Toppy is indeed "the" Hutch.
                            Hi sam
                            The signatures on hutches statement are all different, making any comparison to toppy basically useless, there is no evidence that toppy was even in London at the time of the murders, and he was approached under dubious circumstances.. the royal conspiracy. At least we know Aussie hutch was in London, his leaving coinciding with the end of the murders.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi sam
                              The signatures on hutches statement are all different
                              They're not that much different, Abby. Besides, it would be remarkable if only one of them, or indeed if the style of a significant number of letters, matched those of the older Hutchinson, which I'm absolutely certain that they do. Added to which we have the history passed down through the Topping family which, although undoubtedly flowered-up, could easily contain a grain of truth, as well as the definite fact that Toppy was of the right age to have plausibly passed as an acquaintance of Kelly at the time. There's zero doubt in my view that they're one and the same person.

Anyway, that's for another thread.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Yup like Kosmimski, Pizer etc.

I think the main thing the police could have done better was to use photography more. As in taking pictures of all , or most, valid suspects to show to witnesses.
                                There is a detailed newspaper illustration of Pizer.
                                Have you seen that one ?

Comment

Working...
                                X