No announcement yet.

Jane Coram's pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jane for all this -I for one will certainly print these steps out as it all looks fascinating--- but I am sure I will need to call on you for help when I get to do it.
    The Druitt portrait is absolutely beautifully done.
    Many Thanks
    Dear Janie,
    Love
    Norma
    xx

Comment

• Hi Nats,

A straightforward colour up like this isn't nearly as difficult as it looks really, because the programme does most of the work for you. It's only when you have to match colour accuracy the way that Steve's doing on the MJK photo that it gets mind blowingly difficult - you can't just guess at colours and not bother too much if it's a bit out!

I learnt the technique from a Computer Arts magazine tutorial, and it missed out steps along the way and it nearly drove me crackers. Once you get the basic principle though, it's just a case of plodding through the layers one at a time.

The good thing is that you can't really go wrong, because you can go back at any time and correct mistakes as long as the layers are still there.

I hope that if people have a go they'll post up the results, because it would be lovely to see what everyone's doing!

Much love

Janie

xxx
      I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

• Thanks Janie -only thing is I have just purchased "pages" part of the iwork apple programme and am just getting to grips with that.But I will definitely have a try sometime soon now I have your guide---don"t forget you are not only an expert at it but brilliantly gifted in it too!....
        Best
        Normaxxx

Comment

• Janie's tutorial

Excellent tutorial using the CMYK method for colour work, Janie.
          It brought back memories about the Quality Street wrapper in front of the telly!

I'm sure advanced photoshop users will be able follow this quite easily and fill in the minor bits here and there that you purposely left aside for clarity.

A rare talent you have indeed, Janie.
          Not only with your truly astounding artistic abilities, but also the technical knowledge, expertise and ability to graphically explain this somewhat complicated methodology so clearly.

I have learned a great deal from you here.

Many Thanks for posting this.

Best
          Steve

Comment

• Hi Steve,

I hope I haven't left out essential bits! The problem is when you try to put it down step by step, you can easily miss a bit without realising, especially when it is a bit complicated.

Oh well, I'm sure people will let me know if I've cocked up. Lol.

It's good fun anyway!

Much love

Janie

xxxx
            I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

• MJK 3d reconstruction.

Hi Jane. I cant seem to find it now but was looking at your posts about the position of MJK. You were using Poser and somebody was giving it large about the position of MJKs left leg in the 2 photos of her. I agree with you that the leg has obviously been moved. But there is a picture of the Black Daliah victim from almost the exact same angle as MJKs full length and her left leg is in exactly the same position. The Black Daliah killer is obviously a JTR copy cat. Discuss.

Comment

Working...
              X