Ripper Notes #28 - "The Legend Continues"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I just add something here ?

Despite the minor syntax errors ( minor in that we all knew what Craig meant without hammering on his Minnesota head too hard.... ), we ought to appreciate the fact that he isn't ducking or dodging any criticism of his article in this very fine issue of RN. Some authors do avoid discussion of their work when its challenged.

To me, it seems like the punishment doesn't fit the "crime". Just an opinion.

Comment

• I agree that Craig takes his lumpings with good humor. Unlike Andy Spallek...gosh how that boy whines and cries at the slightest little criticism. Really some people are so sensitive.

Actually kudos to both of them for addressing points people make.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Are you feeling well Ally?

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
          I agree that Craig takes his lumpings with good humor. Unlike Andy Spallek...gosh how that boy whines and cries at the slightest little criticism. Really some people are so sensitive.

I did feel that one.

Actually kudos to both of them for addressing points people make.
          Any time.

Comment

• Ally did compliment my Crippen article and I thank her. I'd be more than happy to discuss the case on another thread since the one that used to exist (which contained some of my musings on the DNA discovery) was lost in the great crash.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
              Hi Craig

How could that be mis-read?
              Stephen,

Mis-read. Or call it a mistake to simplify the matter.

The intent was to communicate where she was living at the time of her death. Maybe botched it by word choice, though local interpretations vary.

I've seen, regionally, some people react to "resident" the way most folks react to "native."

I'll agree that "native" was probably the wrong word, though.
              All my blogs:
              MessianicMusings.com, ScriptSuperhero.com, WonderfulPessimist.com

Currently, I favor ... no one. I'm not currently interested in who Jack was in name. My research focus is more comparative than identification-oriented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                I agree that Craig takes his lumpings with good humor.
                Thanks for recognizing that's all I intended was a good-humor response. The community in here is generally pretty good company.
                All my blogs:

Currently, I favor ... no one. I'm not currently interested in who Jack was in name. My research focus is more comparative than identification-oriented.

Comment

• The free sample article from this issue, “Heartless: The Evidence for a Copycat Killer,” is now available online at: http://casebook.org/dissertations/rn-heartless.html

Dan Norder
                  Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                  Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                    The free sample article from this issue, “Heartless: The Evidence for a Copycat Killer,” is now available online at: http://casebook.org/dissertations/rn-heartless.html
                    Not only is it free, but it's probably one of the best articles in the issue.

Especially since T.W. was conspicuously absent this time 'round. I was hoping for the next installment in his series...
                    All my blogs:

Comment

• Is it just me, or has the Ripper Notes website disappeared?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Is it just me, or has the Ripper Notes website disappeared?
                        I just checked the company that runs the webserver I am on, and its site is down too. Happens to every site sometimes. Last time it was a flooding problem. I'll look into it, thanks.

Dan Norder
                        Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                        Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

• Hi

Do I owe you money? Don't feel as though I have had many Ripper Notes for a long time! Please let me know as I like to keep up my subscription. Just don't keep check on when I owe money if not reminded.

Regards
                          Debbie McDonald
                          Deborah McDonald
                          Author: 'The Prince, His Tutor and the Ripper'

Comment

• ...hoping #29 is on the way soon...
                            All my blogs:

Comment

Working...
                            X