Clear All

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
    (to the tune of "Guantanamera")

Oh Gerard Batten!
    The magic Gerard Batten!
    Oh Gerard Baaaaaa -tten,
    The one and only Gerard Batten.....

Problem solved

Regarding Farage, I'd be more interested in what his involvement was in the Trump/Wikipedia episode, seeing that he paid Mr. Assange a little visit in the Ecuadorian Embassy in March 2017 and he was all defensive about it. Other meetings have been rumoured but not confirmed (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8168506.html)

And given that his Pals "Vote Leave" have been found guilty of electoral fraud, fined and referred to the cops, it's just another indicator that the whole Trump/Brexit/Wikileaks relationship probably has more to it than we currently know (I should point out that Farage himself was actually not directly associated with that particular Vote Leave group).
    Sorry Sven, but that song is pish....it does not scan well.

As for vote leave's "Fraud"....given the government spent £9.3 million on a leaflet telling us which way to vote, coupled with the American meddling from Obama I can live with it.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

(to the tune of "Guantanamera")

Oh Gerard Batten!
      The magic Gerard Batten!
      Oh Gerard Baaaaaa -tten,
      The one and only Gerard Batten.....

Problem solved

Regarding Farage, I'd be more interested in what his involvement was in the Trump/Wikipedia episode, seeing that he paid Mr. Assange a little visit in the Ecuadorian Embassy in March 2017 and he was all defensive about it. Other meetings have been rumoured but not confirmed (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8168506.html)

And given that his Pals "Vote Leave" have been found guilty of electoral fraud, fined and referred to the cops, it's just another indicator that the whole Trump/Brexit/Wikileaks relationship probably has more to it than we currently know (I should point out that Farage himself was actually not directly associated with that particular Vote Leave group).
      Wonderful! It works with 'Nigel Farage' too!

What was that Shakespearean quote about 'something rotten in the state of..... (insert any suitable state here)!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
        Sorry Sven, but that song is pish....it does not scan well.

As for vote leave's "Fraud"....given the government spent £9.3 million on a leaflet telling us which way to vote, coupled with the American meddling from Obama I can live with it.
        Yeah, but that wasn't breaking the law, was it..?

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
          You want some examples of how bad the UKIP candidate was? OK, here goes:

a) On people's doorsteps, when canvassing, she was telling people 'the UK' has open borders' (we don't).
          b) She repeatedly referred to 'Pakistani grooming gangs' but refused to accept that sexual abuse and grooming also occurred in other communities, including Christian churches.
          c) she openly campaigned for the forced abolition of the hijab (a Muslim headscarf worn by some Muslim women)
          On c) I wouldn’t ban a headscarf but I’d ban the burkha. The full black bag job. Any full face covering, apart from being demeaning to women, is sinister.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
            You want some examples of how bad the UKIP candidate was? OK, here goes:

a) On people's doorsteps, when canvassing, she was telling people 'the UK' has open borders' (we don't).
            b) She repeatedly referred to 'Pakistani grooming gangs' but refused to accept that sexual abuse and grooming also occurred in other communities, including Christian churches.
            c) she openly campaigned for the forced abolition of the hijab (a Muslim headscarf worn by some Muslim women)

a) The only land border we have is an open one with The Republic of Ireland.

b) Glad she said Pakistani...because I'm sick of the grooming gang epidemic being cast on "Asians".

c) Terrible, she is campaigning for us to be as repressive as those bastions of alt-rightness.....Denmark, Netherlands, France etc.

I'd have voted for her.
            Last edited by DirectorDave; 07-24-2018, 12:09 PM.

Dave.

Comment

• Another nugget from Helsinki that gets too little attention:

"At the March 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference, Trump spoke about receiving a gift from Putin, saying “Putin even sent me a present, beautiful present, with a beautiful note. I spoke to all of his people. And, you know, you look at what he’s doing with President Obama. He’s, like, toying with him. He’s toying with him.” He praised Putin again in March 2014, saying “I was in Russia, I was in Moscow recently. And I spoke indirectly—and directly—with President Putin, who could not have been nicer.”"

Yet last week in Helsinki, Putin said:

"Yes, I did hear these rumors that we allegedly collected compromising material on Mr. Trump when he was visiting Moscow. Well, distinguished colleague, let me tell you this: When President Trump was at Moscow back then, I didn't even know that he was in Moscow. I treat President Trump with utmost respect, but back then when he was a private individual, a businessman, nobody informed me that he was in Moscow."

Sounds to me like the two are not getting their stories straight

Comment

Yeah, but that wasn't breaking the law, was it..?
                The Lib Dems were slapped with an £18,000 penalty for failing to submit correct spending returns for some £80,000 of funds it spent urging voters not to support Leave.

Official Remain campaign Britain Stronger in Europe - since re-named Open Britain - was also hit with a £1,250 fine for incorrect spending returns.

Dave.

Comment

The Lib Dems were slapped with an £18,000 penalty for failing to submit correct spending returns for some £80,000 of funds it spent urging voters not to support Leave.

Official Remain campaign Britain Stronger in Europe - since re-named Open Britain - was also hit with a £1,250 fine for incorrect spending returns.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42411144
                  yawn, still hasn;t got anything to do with the "9 million leaflet"....

Comment

yawn, still hasn;t got anything to do with the "9 million leaflet"....
                    No, it hasn't you are correct. This cheating by Remain and the Lib Dems is in addition to the government propaganda pamphlet.
                    Last edited by DirectorDave; 07-24-2018, 12:06 PM.

Dave.

Comment

As for vote leave's "Fraud"....given the government spent £9.3 million on a leaflet telling us which way to vote
                      The leaflet did no such thing, anymore than a party manifesto tells you how to vote. Furthermore, HM Government is perfectly entitled to print information leaflets.

Now, if they had spent £9.3 million on writing completely false promises on the sides of buses you might have a point, but they didn't. Can't quite remember which bunch of lying, chancing bastards did stoop to such low tactics, but I'm sure it'll come back to me.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

b) Glad she said Pakistani...because I'm sick of the grooming gang epidemic being cast on "Asians".
                        Oh, and white guys never groom, do they?
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Oh, and white guys never groom, do they?
                          Given that this particular problem seems to be from a specific culture/nation rather than a whole race I really don't see what melanin levels have to do with anything.

Dave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            The leaflet did no such thing, anymore than a party manifesto tells you how to vote. Furthermore, HM Government is perfectly entitled to print information leaflets.

Right so it clearly stated "The EU referendum is a once in a generation decision. The Government believes it is in you and your family’s best interests that the UK remains in the European Union."

But because there are such things manifestos "the leaflet did no such thing"?

We are in Apron for sanity towel territory here.

Now, if they had spent £9.3 million on writing completely false promises on the sides of buses you might have a point, but they didn't. Can't quite remember which bunch of lying, chancing bastards did stoop to such low tactics, but I'm sure it'll come back to me.
                            What promises? The leave campaign were not campaigning to form a government? There was no "promise" on the side of a bus, just a statement of fact using dodgy figures I grant you.

The gross figure was not 350 million a week, it was actually £363 million per week.

Dave.

Comment

• Yes, and petrol costs £2 a litre

Comment

Given that this particular problem seems to be from a specific culture/nation rather than a whole race I really don't see what melanin levels have to do with anything.
                                SOME Pakistani men have been guilty of grooming and sexual abuse. Likewise, SOME non-Pakistani men and women have been guilty of grooming and sexual abuse. Therefore, grooming and sexual abuse are culturally non-specific.

I am going to end my contribution to this thread there. It really and honestly is not good for my health to continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X