Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
    Hi,

I think the thing about the cry is that you have to consider pitch when trying to decide if people can pin point directions accurately.

A frightened cry, for instance, I would suggest, would be at a higher pitch that a cry of surprise.

The higher the pitch, the more relaible the identification.

Therfore, it could be possible that the pitch was low, and so was difficult to discern its origin.

Just a thought
    Hi Hatchett

Pin pointing the direction of the cry: if Prater had a hearing problem, maybe a subtle loss of hearing in one ear, it would indeed be difficult to pin point the cry

Pitch: when you are wide awake, sober and in full use of your faculties you would perhaps scream louder.
    When you are half asleep for example, you are are not in full capacity of your senses and can become paralysed with fear and therefore you would not be able to get the words out too loud, which would as you say produce a low pitched scream

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
      Can't wait to buy that
      Many thanks for that, Nat.
      I can tell you that every copy will be dispatched with 500g of dry food.
      If you need more, it'll be no problem.
      Some casebookers have even ordered dry food without the book.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        Many thanks for that, Nat.
        I can tell you that every copy will be dispatched with 500g of dry food.
        If you need more, it'll be no problem.
        Some casebookers have even ordered dry food without the book.

Put me down for two bags, I think I've found some relatives of Diddles, they may have some new information

Comment

Hi,

Of course it may not have been a cry at all. It could have been an exclamation.

Comment

G'day David

Originally posted by DVV View Post
            Remember Diddles was born in Bethnal Green.
            I'm not surprised he didn't come forward.
            Are you sure you have the right Diddles, my research shows that there were three living in the vicinity of McCarthy's Rents.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Oh and 12 other cats whose identities I have not been able to ascertain.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The oldest cat living on earth (not brazilian either!)

Diddles (126 years old so far) is currently resident with me, the missus, eight other cats and a dog...he's currently living under an alias (Caspar) and shows signs (nasally at least) of being of Jewish extraction...He is of course the dominant party in our entire family setup...he has asked me to state that he hates dried food...

All the best

Dave

Comment

G'day Dave

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                  Diddles (126 years old so far) is currently resident with me, the missus, eight other cats and a dog...he's currently living under an alias (Caspar) and shows signs (nasally at least) of being of Jewish extraction...He is of course the dominant party in our entire family setup...he has asked me to state that he hates dried food...

All the best

Dave
                  Will he talk for Sardines? Purrrrrrrrrr Meow
                  G U T

Comment

He does indeed, but confronted with fish, with such a terrible accent I can't quite make out what he's saying...I think he might be polish....

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                      He does indeed, but confronted with fish, with such a terrible accent I can't quite make out what he's saying...I think he might be polish....

All the best

Dave
                      I thought there was something fishy about Diddles

Comment

Working...
                      X