Bardeleben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bardeleben

Just thought I´d put a character out here that may be of some little interest: James Bardeleben.

The police picked up his trail when Bardeleben worked as a counterfeiter, and only later realized that he could be linked to more severe crimes too.

He currently is jailed for 300+ years, on a number of abductions, rapes and counterfeiting convictions, but the police think he may be responsible for a string of murders too.

What is interesting to me is that this man committed his sexual assaults both out on the streets as well as in a bolthole of his. This may - or may not - mirror what the Ripper/Torso man did.

Further to this, he was a man obsessed with order. He wrote everything down on notes, including how to impress women - and how to torture them once he had them in his claws.
    Charles Lechmere differs from many of the East End characters by seemingly have filled out all the forms and documents put in front of him. Edward, who has researched him diligently, says that he differs in this way from the ordinary Eastender, who is more likely to pop up in the records here and there, but disappearing for years on end inbetween.

The last point is how Bardeleben was found by the Secret Service after years of search, at a stage when they only thought he was a counterfeiter. He was observed in a mall, and ran for it when the police approached him. After running through a construction site for a new shop in the mall, he emerged on the outside, where two policemen saw him coming out. When they approached him, he said that he had only just been questioned by a colleague of theirs. Before the policemen could let him go, however, the Secret Service agents caught up and could secure their man.

It´s an interesting parallel with what is suggested in the Mizen scam.

Bardeleben has been married five times. He took trophies from his victims, as well as photos of them during torture, and he recorded the acts on taperecorder, keeping all the material afterwards.
    He posed as a policeman in order to persuade his victims to come along with him.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 11-15-2016, 06:21 AM.

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Just thought I´d put a character out here that may be of some little interest: James Bardeleben.

The police picked up his trail when Bardeleben worked as a counterfeiter, and only later realized that he could be linked to more severe crimes too.

He currently is jailed for 300+ years, on a number of abductions, rapes and counterfeiting convictions, but the police think he may be responsible for a string of murders too.

What is interesting to me is that this man committed his sexual assaults both out on the streets as well as in a bolthole of his. This may - or may not - mirror what the Ripper/Torso man did.

Further to this, he was a man obsessed with order. He wrote everything down on notes, including how to impress women - and how to torture them once he had them in his claws.
    Charles Lechmere differs from many of the East End characters by seemingly have filled out all the forms and documents put in front of him. Edward, who has researched him diligently, says that he differs in this way from the ordinary Eastender, who is more likely to pop up in the records here and there, but disappearing for years on end inbetween.

The last point is how Bardeleben was found by the Secret Service after years of search, at a stage when they only thought he was a counterfeiter. He was observed in a mall, and ran for it when the police approached him. After running through a construction site for a new shop in the mall, he emerged on the outside, where two policemen saw him coming out. When they approached him, he said that he had only just been questioned by a colleague of theirs. Before the policemen could let him go, however, the Secret Service agents caught up and could secure their man.

It´s an interesting parallel with what is suggested in the Mizen scam.

Bardeleben has been married five times. He took trophies from his victims, as well as photos of them during torture, and he recorded the acts on taperecorder, keeping all the material afterwards.
    He posed as a policeman in order to persuade his victims to come along with him.
    Interesting fish. Thanks for posting.
    One thing it illustrates is that serial killers, can be rather complicated, and their crimes and behavior can be exhibited in a number of ways.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

[QUOTE=Fisherman;400379]

Hi Fisherman,

I see that you now try to convince people that Lechmere was Jack the Ripper by telling them that Lechmere filled out forms.

Pierre

Comment

[QUOTE=Pierre;400415]
        Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Hi Fisherman,

I see that you now try to convince people that Lechmere was Jack the Ripper by telling them that Lechmere filled out forms.

Pierre
        Pierre, I see that you've now spent well over a year criticizing and mocking the theories of others without having had the courage or integrity to name your own suspect.

Put up or shut up.

HF

Comment

[QUOTE=Henry Flower;400439]
          Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Pierre, I see that you've now spent well over a year criticizing and mocking the theories of others without having had the courage or integrity to name your own suspect.

Put up or shut up.

HF
          Won't happen Henry, he doesn't have a suspect, it's obvious if you follow his posts that he is making it up as he goes.

Though I am glad to observe that he has now read a bit more than just what's on casebook, which was obvious for the first few months, I could even track where he was upto in his reading by his posts.

Just like he changed his specialty qualifications, started life as a scientist with "data" etc, then became a sociologist or some such rubbish, then decided to become an historian, even though every genuine historian I know (and there are a few of them being married to one) laugh at his so called historical methodology, last he mentioned it he still didn't know the difference between primary and secondary sources.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

[QUOTE=GUT;400440]
            Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post

Won't happen Henry, he doesn't have a suspect, it's obvious if you follow his posts that he is making it up as he goes.

Though I am glad to observe that he has now read a bit more than just what's on casebook, which was obvious for the first few months, I could even track where he was upto in his reading by his posts.

Just like he changed his specialty qualifications, started life as a scientist with "data" etc, then became a sociologist or some such rubbish, then decided to become an historian, even though every genuine historian I know (and there are a few of them being married to one) laugh at his so called historical methodology, last he mentioned it he still didn't know the difference between primary and secondary sources.
            I don't know why anyone would engage with "Pierre" at all. He struck me as a fraud with his first "I have found him" post and has posted nothing since to convince me that he has any original insight to offer. That said, I'll be happy to weigh in on the "him" he has "found" if he manages to conjure something up.

Comment

Working...
            X