No announcement yet.

5 & 5 Only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sorry, wrong thread. I'm out of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      Firstly the theory you're working on sounds like it will be ludicrous. Secondly I hope it isn't going to take ages for you to reveal your theory.
      Hi,
      Of course it will be ludicrous, but ludicrously feasible.
      I've got the who, what and how, just not the why.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        You would be postulating that "Kelly" was not "Kelly".
        That's not the half of it.

Comment

Which theory will be revealed first the theory by spyglass or the theory by Pierre?

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
            That's not the half of it.
            But the murdered woman Kelly was the murdered woman Kelly. That is the discourse. And sometimes the discourse does not hide a mechanism.

The mechanism is instead in the head of the interpreter. When the interpreter does not understand the external world, he invents an explanation.

So this is what we must try to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              But the murdered woman Kelly was the murdered woman Kelly. That is the discourse. And sometimes the discourse does not hide a mechanism.

The mechanism is instead in the head of the interpreter. When the interpreter does not understand the external world, he invents an explanation.

So this is what we must try to avoid.
              In other words Pierre is saying the theory that it wasn't Mary Kelly that was murdered in Millers Court is bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                In other words Pierre is saying the theory that it wasn't Mary Kelly that was murdered in Millers Court is bullshit.

Comment

I don't think the story begins and ends at the canonical victims.
                  I think there were almost certainly incidents pre-Nichols, and these need not have always been fatal outcomes.

Also, from my reading of the facts I have at my command presently, I see Alice McKenzie as an extremely likely victim. If her murder had happened exactly as it did in October of 1888, she would undoubtedly be a canonical victim.

The two forces working against McKenzie are it was exclude some popular suspects and it goes against escalation theory. But I don't see that we can't have regressions. Or we can't have the killer more pleased with a certain murder than another for their own reasons.

Comment

Working...
                  X