Mary kelly photo enhancement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary kelly photo enhancement...

This is a very difficult one, but also a very important subject. Because of the total obliteration, plus the blood, plus the Victorian era photography, all you can do is extrapolate what is there. Having said that...I think this is clearer than I have seen yet....Hope this is helpful to Ripperologists, and to people who want to understand the horrific intensity and importance of these photographs.

MJK Pic

Here it is...
    Attached Files

Comment

I fell silent when I saw this picture. Especially the face... This gives you an idea about what people saw when they came in. Well done Abberlime. Well done on Liz' picture too by the way. For the first time you get an idea what she really looked like.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Well done, Abberlime,

The one thing that I wonder about though, is the eyes. In your picture it looks as though the eyes have been dug out or clotted, yet Barnett said at the inquest that he could identify Mary Kelly by the eyes and the ears (possibly hair.)

Sorry to be picky.

You've done a great job anyway.

Best wishes.

Comment

eyes...

Hi Hatchet.
          Ive stared at the face for some time, and I couldn't make out any eyes, that doesn't mean they are not there, but as I say, the sheer quantity of blood may disguise any feature. The main thing is that I didn't add any thing that wasn't in the photo, merely enhanced it.
          I wish I could pull out more detail...

Can anyone help me out. I dont know the story of the photos. I assume no negatives exist. are these pictures really the best copy's available?

Comment

Wow great work1 Black and white photos are great but in this case they hide the atrocities.

Comment

Out of curiosity, do you think it would be possible to distinguish a little more between flesh and fabric in the pelvic region? That has always frustrated me with this picture.
              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

My god, I just see a skull where her face had been.

Comment

There are many theories surrounding these murders, but if there is evidence that they were, indeed, dealing with a serial murderer - beyond the uniqueness of the series itself - it lies in this picture of the total destruction of this young woman.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Hi Hunter,

I think the "total destruction" could well be the key.

Best wishes.

Comment

why is the top leading edge of ler left arm so badly cut up, her bicep and forearm? if these are defensive wounds this means that she struggled for ages.

put your arm up to cover your face, the wounds should be on the underside of the forearm, not the top.

why the hell has he mutilated her arm, all the rest you can understand, but the arm has no reference whatsoever to womanhood or sexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
                        but the arm has no reference whatsoever to womanhood or sexuality.
                        Indeed, Malcolm. That's all the difference with hairy armpits.

Comment

recognising MJK

Hello Malcolm. What if sexuality and womanhood had NOTHING to do with it? What if recognising her DID?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

And what if Auschwitz had nothing to do with antisemitism ?

Comment

Nazis

Hello David. Are you suggesting the Nazis were behind the WCM? A bit anachronistic perhaps?

Of course, may not be quite so outlandish as a sexual serial killer.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X