No announcement yet.

Miller's Court VR (again)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating. Walking down that passageway made me feel quite uncomfortable. Will you add dim lighting and grime, or is that too time consuming? It's brilliant as it is - I'm just greedy.
    I don't know, but weren't there latrines near the pump? May have been added at a later date ...
    David Wilson Professor of Criminology:
    'Connection, connection, connection. There is no such thing as coincidence when you are dealing with serial killers.'

Comment

Great, Thanks, Robert.
      I am seeing that image correct.... the two are sitting at the window of #19 (we assume) and through that window, we are seeing the window that would be the side window of #12?

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
      Hello Richard. Here's a sketch from the inside of a Miller's Court room (I think!)

The Illustrated London News, Jan 10, 1891
      A Sketch In Miller's Court, Whitechapel.
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      ---------------------------------------------------
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Thanks!
        I will be trying to texture it and setup proper lighting and shadow once I get to the point that I think we have a final and accurate model. At the moment the texturing is nothing but ambient light and shadow on blank material.

Originally posted by Callmebill View Post
        Fascinating. Walking down that passageway made me feel quite uncomfortable. Will you add dim lighting and grime, or is that too time consuming? It's brilliant as it is - I'm just greedy.
        I don't know, but weren't there latrines near the pump? May have been added at a later date ...
        JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Apologies for the confusion, Richard. That illustration wasn't directly tied to my prior post. I have no idea what room that is; just thought it was cool, and added an extra dimension to your tour thru the rooms of Miller Court.

Room #19: i could see the room arranged how you've measured out (with the living room being by the fireplace); if the bedroom was the 6'x9' area that you indicated, that would mean the door opened into the bedroom in 1898.

The only other articles I saw in the Archives re: Miller's Court were sanitary measures identified by the Board of Works since the place was near condemnable. Funny thing was, after repairing the Court grounds, the residents tore it apart in the following days. I also read of how the women would sleep out in the Court during the hotter evenings. But, other than the repugnance, I couldn't find much more re: the dimension.
          there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
            Thanks!
            I will be trying to texture it and setup proper lighting and shadow once I get to the point that I think we have a final and accurate model. At the moment the texturing is nothing but ambient light and shadow on blank material.
            This is wonderful work. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Velma

Comment

Well Done Richard

Comment

Working...
              X