Miller's Court VR (again)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller's Court VR (again)!

I have spent 6 weeks building and rebuilding (another NEW version) Miller's Court in VR! Over the past few years (as you all know) I have attempted quite a few MC versions and they have all fallen short.

This latest version is quite a big one and includes the whole of MC, 13 and all of the internal of 26.

I intend this version to be in constant revision and hope to add and include as much (accurate) detail poss can in order to provide a VR experience that (I hope) will be used in future as a 'go-to' tool for ripperologists.

I was hoping to take VR to the Ripper conference later this year if I can get something I'm satisfied with.

I will have a YouTube vid and commentary out a bit later with a guided tour of what I've done so far with the express intention of garnering feedback, advice and suggestions.

I really need constant and relentless feedback from you guys when I post these YouTube vids via the vids comment sections and here on the forums.

I will post a link to the 1st YouTube video here a bit later.

Thanks
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Originally posted by richardh View Post
    I have spent 6 weeks building and rebuilding (another NEW version) Miller's Court in VR! Over the past few years (as you all know) I have attempted quite a few MC versions and they have all fallen short.

This latest version is quite a big one and includes the whole of MC, 13 and all of the internal of 26.

I intend this version to be in constant revision and hope to add and include as much (accurate) detail poss can in order to provide a VR experience that (I hope) will be used in future as a 'go-to' tool for ripperologists.

I was hoping to take VR to the Ripper conference later this year if I can get something I'm satisfied with.

I will have a YouTube vid and commentary out a bit later with a guided tour of what I've done so far with the express intention of garnering feedback, advice and suggestions.

I really need constant and relentless feedback from you guys when I post these YouTube vids via the vids comment sections and here on the forums.

I will post a link to the 1st YouTube video here a bit later.

Thanks
    I really admire your work.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Me too. I look forward to seeing Miller’s Court.

Comment

Okay, friends...
        This is the link to the FIRST video (YouTube) of my Miller's Court VR experience.
        It's a rough, untextured model solely for feedback purposes. Using the feedback I get from this video I will update the models and then post a 2nd vid etc until we arrive at a design that we think is as close as we can get to what we imagine Miller's Court to resemble!

This video features the whole of MC, a look at #12 (Kitty Ronan's room) and all of #26.

I sound like I have a cold but my sniffing and snizzling is because I'm wearing the VR Head mounted display which presses on my (big) nose and squshes it!

I might have moved my head a bit fast which caused fast camera panning and might make viewing the video a bit annoying (I'm not Speilberg!)

Everything you see in the vid is obviously up for debate and argument!
        It's a first version designed to pinpoint glaring errors that I can then implement in version 2 (vid 2) and so on til we get closer to what we want.

feedback, discussion suggestions, ideas, criticisms etc in this thread and/or the comments section of the Youtube vid which is here:
        https://youtu.be/qlqov49u_dM

Hope you like

Comment

Okay, friends...
          This is the link to the FIRST video (YouTube) of my Miller's Court VR experience.
          It's a rough, untextured model solely for feedback purposes. Using the feedback I get from this video I will update the models and then post a 2nd vid etc until we arrive at a design that we think is as close as we can get to what we imagine Miller's Court to resemble!

This video features the whole of MC, a look at #12 (Kitty Ronan's room) and all of #26.

I sound like I have a cold but my sniffing and snizzling is because I'm wearing the VR Head mounted display which presses on my (big) nose and squshes it!

I might have moved my head a bit fast which caused fast camera panning and might make viewing the video a bit annoying (I'm not Speilberg!)

It's a first version designed to pinpoint glaring errors that I can then implement in version 2 (vid 2) and so on til we get closer to what we want.

feedback, discussion suggestions, ideas, criticisms etc in this thread and/or the comments section of the Youtube vid which is here:

Hope you like
          Congratulations Richard,
          A really good piece of work.
          I am not an expert on the murder sites, but to my untutored eye it really looks as though you are close to nailing it.

No doubt you will receive suggestions re tweaks, corrections etc, but from where I am standing it looks great!

Comment

Fantastic.

So well thought out.

Congratulations.
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Incredible work and I think you are close if not accurate, Richard, outdone yourself! Very impressed with the craftsmanship. It aids with the realization that someone had to be dead-on in front of the arch to see down the passage; one step in either direction, and the view is obscured.

Aside I did find an article in the Archives from Dec 3rd 1898, Illustrated Police News, that stated Roberts' room was divided into a bedroom and a living room by a partition; the living room being 8 or 9 feet square.
              there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Thanks, Robert.
                So if we look at the photo of the outside of #13 with the upper window of #19 in view, we can see that the width from the passageway wall to the #19 window is about 6 ft (see image below)

If so, then the 6ft bed area and the 8/9ft living area gives us 14 or 15ft room size from passageway wall to chimney wall.

Can you post a screenshot of the newspaper article?

thanks again for feedback

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                Incredible work and I think you are close if not accurate, Richard, outdone yourself! Very impressed with the craftsmanship. It aids with the realization that someone had to be dead-on in front of the arch to see down the passage; one step in either direction, and the view is obscured.

Aside I did find an article in the Archives from Dec 3rd 1898, Illustrated Police News, that stated Roberts' room was divided into a bedroom and a living room by a partition; the living room being 8 or 9 feet square.
                Last edited by richardh; 03-03-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Okay, friends...

Hope you like
                  Richard,
                  This is brilliant. Truly impressive. Your video is very immersive.

Comment

Impressive work as always.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

There will, I suspect always be some issues open to debate.
                      G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        It might seem that way.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          You cynical old cove!

Comment

Thanks, Robert.
                            So if we look at the photo of the outside of #13 with the upper window of #19 in view, we can see that the width from the passageway wall to the #19 window is about 6 ft.

If so, then the 6ft bed area and the 8/9ft living area gives us 14 or 15ft room size from passageway wall to chimney wall.

Can you post a screenshot of the newspaper article?

thanks again for feedback

Illustrated Police News, December 3rd, 1898
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Richard. Here's a sketch from the inside of a Miller's Court room (I think!)

The Illustrated London News, Jan 10, 1891
                              A Sketch In Miller's Court, Whitechapel.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X