Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitre Sq on Google maps.

Hi all,
    Was checking to see if the new look Mitre Sq had been updated on Google Street view.
    I noticed a large gathering of school children being given a talk, does anyone know if this was a ripper related talk?....If so arn't they a bit young for such a subject ?

Regards

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
    Hi all,
    Was checking to see if the new look Mitre Sq had been updated on Google Street view.
    I noticed a large gathering of school children being given a talk, does anyone know if this was a ripper related talk?....If so arn't they a bit young for such a subject ?
    I think that Jack the Ripper is actually included in some educational authorities' history syllabus. Only a few years ago, I remember getting requests from friends at home (and one or two from Casebook members) to give bits of info and advice to their children, who were learning about the case at school.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I couldn't see a school trip when I just looked - just a couple of men talking.

But yes, JTR was, and maybe still is, a topic included in the GCSE history syllabus and there were school trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        I couldn't see a school trip when I just looked - just a couple of men talking.

But yes, JTR was, and maybe still is, a topic included in the GCSE history syllabus and there were school trips.
        I was only looking two days back, don't know if pic version is different to phones.

The kids I saw were of junior school age, but then thinking about it I know they love their " orrible history " books and TV programmes. .

Comment

Junior school sounds a bit young.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            I couldn't see a school trip when I just looked - just a couple of men talking

You must have looked at the older shot, which is still there if you are in the Centre of Mitre square.
            For the newer updated shot, plonk the little streetview man in Mitre street.
            Last edited by Yabs; 06-08-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Ah, thanks Yabs. I see them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                I think that Jack the Ripper is actually included in some educational authorities' history syllabus. Only a few years ago, I remember getting requests from friends at home (and one or two from Casebook members) to give bits of info and advice to their children, who were learning about the case at school.
                It forms part of key stage 3 in the history curriculum

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  It forms part of key stage 3 in the history curriculum

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  Yes indeed, my step daughter had to write an extended essay some years back, she got a very good mark i beleive.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X