X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Autolycus View Post

Have I solved it? Should I contact a publisher? No doubt you’ll let me know.

Regards,
      Autolycus.
      I'm inclined to suspect that you probably have, but I doubt that we'll ever know for sure. Regardless, that quick standdown by the police, and the fact that all of Whitechapel seems to suddenly relax a few weeks after the Kelly murder is striking, to say the least.
      Last edited by Ginger; 02-08-2018, 11:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
      - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Autolycus View Post

Why did JTR’s murders cease after the killing of MJK?

Why did so many police officers and their associates seem to start behaving as if they knew the threat has passed within a relatively short time and yet show no consistency in who they “named” as the Ripper?
        Druitt

Love it or hate it, the Druitt theory has stood the test of time, and withstood the most exhaustive investigations of many a modern theorist.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          Druitt

Love it or hate it, the Druitt theory has stood the test of time, and withstood the most exhaustive investigations of many a modern theorist.
          Couldn’t agree more Jon. I think that Druitt has been far too easily dismissed as a candidate.

Comment

Agreed. He was among the contemporary police officers' short list of suspects, and things seemed to settle down after his death.
            But maybe I'm just a traditionalist...
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
              I know I'm being nit-picky here, but I'm about to go off to bed and I'm tired. When you bring up Hutch, just like Barnett I've always thought the guy has gotten a really bad rap for nothing. Indeed I believe he was "sweet on" Mary Jane and that that is why he followed her. But if the rest of your theory was to hold true- it is quite a walk from Whitechapel/Spitalfields to the Thames whilst carrying a dead body, isn't it?

Sorry, good night.
              Particularly after his walk from Romford earlier that day. He must have been knackered by the end of it all.

Im not sure why Hutchison would want the whole thing kept quiet yet days later voluntarily walk into a police station with his story. Im of the opinion that if the killer was done in by mob or local justice it would almost certainly have been a more violent death. In these sort of cases 9 times out of 10 it is an obvious retaliatory/revenge murder. The folk who commit these things are rarely master criminal types. I would expect more bruising and obvious violence on Druitt's body.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                Druitt

Druitt=welldressed man????
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

If the evidence against Druitt was so good how come he was grouped ( Macnaghten report) with Kosminski - who had no evidence against him.It must only have been a little bit better.And Kosminski,what else was he doing - aside from the "non-evidence "against him - the rest of the years he was with his family.It must have been uneventful,quirky but normal,not worthy to be mentioned.Normally his family sent him to an institution where professionals could take care of him,at least he was alive.
                  The police did not know what they were doing when it came to this murder series,like rookies.But this was 1888.
                  Last edited by Varqm; 02-11-2018, 04:11 PM.
                  Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                  M. Pacana

Comment

I didn't say the evidence against Druitt was good.
                    Druitt & Kozminski were suspected on evidence unknown to us, yet they were listed.
                    There isn't any evidence against anyone.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Count me as another who is yet to see anything that “Clears” Monty.

It much to condemn him either, but Macnaghten saw much that is lost to us and seemed pretty convinced. Just as Littlechild did re Tumblety. I am firmly of the opinion that until they, and a few other contemporary suspects are examined in greater detail it is pointless to look at witnesses, and famous names plucked out of thin air, as suspects.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Read the evidence/reason against Kosminski for ex.,do you think that's evidence/reason enough to suspect him?
                        Do you think today those will be accepted as evidence enough against somebody?. IMO I see a lawsuit for damages.

It's clear,as far as the list is concerned,the police did not know what they were doing.
                        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                        M. Pacana

Comment

Working...
                        X