Bloodstained jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodstained jacket

I wonder if anyone can help me? I remember reading a newspaper account of a bloodstained jacket being found in the back garden of a house in (I think) the Mile End Road. It may be amongst the many Press Reports posted on this site but for the life of me I can't seem to find it again. I seem to remember that the house was owned by a local newspaper and, maybe for that reason, it was assumed to be a hoax. Does anyone else recall seeing it?

Prosector

Originally posted by Prosector View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help me? I remember reading a newspaper account of a bloodstained jacket being found in the back garden of a house in (I think) the Mile End Road. It may be amongst the many Press Reports posted on this site but for the life of me I can't seem to find it again. I seem to remember that the house was owned by a local newspaper and, maybe for that reason, it was assumed to be a hoax. Does anyone else recall seeing it?

Prosector
    Hi prosector
    The only thing I can think of is the wet leather apron piece found in the back yard of 29 hanbury on the morning of the chapman murder. I Beleive it turned out to belong to one of the owners sons though.
    Probably not what your looking for. Sorry.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Hi prosector
      The only thing I can think of is the wet leather apron piece found in the back yard of 29 hanbury on the morning of the chapman murder. I Beleive it turned out to belong to one of the owners sons though.
      Probably not what your looking for. Sorry.
      Hi Abby

Thanks for your reply. No, it wasn't the leather apron in the yard of 29 Hanbury Street I was thinking of nor the blood stained coat taken to a laundry in Grays Inn Road or the blood stained shirt at Mrs Kuer's house in Batty Street. This was a coat or jacket found in the back yard of a house in, I think, the Mile End Road. I have searched the Casebook site several times using various search terms with no luck so far. It may well have bee somewhere else that I saw it.

Prosector

Comment

Hi Prosector,

It wasn't near the Mile-end road, but there was this discovery of blood stained clothes;-

"In London the detectives continue their inquiries into the recent crimes. Some hope of a clue was received by the discovery in Devonshire-street of a parcel of blood-stained clothes. The garments were submitted without delay to a medical expert, who expressed the opinion that they had not been connected with any crime, but had been thrown away by some person suffering from skin disease." - Evening News 25th Sept

Comment

Prosector,

Can you remember when (after which murder?) this occurred? This might help narrow down the search.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lucky View Post
            Hi Prosector,

It wasn't near the Mile-end road, but there was this discovery of blood stained clothes;-

"In London the detectives continue their inquiries into the recent crimes. Some hope of a clue was received by the discovery in Devonshire-street of a parcel of blood-stained clothes. The garments were submitted without delay to a medical expert, who expressed the opinion that they had not been connected with any crime, but had been thrown away by some person suffering from skin disease." - Evening News 25th Sept
            No that wasn't the one I'm trying to find. This one was definitely a jacket found in a back garden in or near the Mile End Road.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
              Prosector,

Can you remember when (after which murder?) this occurred? This might help narrow down the search.
              I wish I could. I think it was after the Double Event but before Miller's Court but I'm not sure. The trouble is that I do quite a lot of newspaper archive research and I can't remember where I read it. It may have been at the old British Newspaper Archive in Colindale or somewhere else and I don 't seem to have kept a note of it.

Comment

Have you ever found it, Prosector?

- CFL

Comment

Working...
                X