Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Reacts to Trump's "****hole Countries" Remark

c.d.

Just when you think that he can’t get worse!!!

The man is a certifiable. The US and the rest of the world deserve better than this dangerously infantile maniac!
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Trump's a trainwreck, but he's endlessly entertaining and triggers the snowflakes. Hope he gets another term!

Comment

And yet he got elected
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          And yet he got elected
          Unfortunately the argument of the White House in defending him is that he must be okay, because the American people elected him.
          Christopher T. George
          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

The snowflake hyperbole to Trump is getting hilarious.

He's fantastic.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Although I am British born, I have been an American citizen for 24 years, and I do vote. I never thought that I would have to say that I am ashamed of my President!

Incidentally, I really do think this incident could rebound on Trump and the Republicans, especially those of the GOP who remain silent and so are complicit in this man's meanness and bigotry. Their Party is going to get the reputation of being the "****hole Party."

Chris
              Christopher T. George

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                Although I am British born, I have been an American citizen for 24 years, and I do vote. I never thought that I would have to say that I am ashamed of my President!

Incidentally, I really do think this incident could rebound on Trump and the Republicans, especially those of the GOP who remain silent and so are complicit in this man's meanness and bigotry. Their Party is going to get the reputation of being the "****hole Party."

Chris
                Well said, Chris! I'm a native-born American citizen, and agree with you completely. I have never always agreed with the current President (first voted for Carter), but generally they deserved at least the respect of the office. Not now, because the current occupant of the office is not worthy of the title, nor does he respect anyone.

Funny how some people think we should react to a raised awareness of the danger of using slurs and insults by creating new insults like "snowflakes," especially as snowflakes tend to be very individual.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Morons like Trump aren't fit to run a jumble-sale, never mind a country. The very fact that he has been allowed to do so, and that some people are actually pleased with that situation, just shows how low our standards have declined.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

And we thought Boris Johnson was a loony! It’s genuinly scary that the most powerful man in the world tweets about the size of his nuclear button!!! And then he talks about s**thole countries. It’s like scenes from a spoof movie (and a not very funny one.) The USA and the world need to be rid of this psycho. I don’t think that we can afford to wait until the next election. Surely his administration are embarrassed and, more to the point, worried? What are the chances of a plot to remove him?
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hello Herlock,

Trump has routinely treated members of his own party like dirt and has no problem insulting them. Should he get impeached, I think there are those in his party who will not be eager to come to his defense.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        Morons like Trump aren't fit to run a jumble-sale, never mind a country. The very fact that he has been allowed to do so, and that some people are actually pleased with that situation, just shows how low our standards have declined.
                        What is helping Trump is that Congress is so dysfunctional, with very little bipartisanship any more. So many moderates, Republican and Democrat, who used to work "across the aisle" have either resigned, been defeated, or have died. So what we are left with are the extremists on both sides who refuse to work with the opposite party. So Republicans at this point are desperate for a "win" just as is, of course, this narcissistic President. (There was an excellent comment on Twitter some days ago. Nah, not written by You Know Who, but by a Trump critic who questioned why the Christian right sticks with the man when he doesn't appear to have done one Christian act all during the past year he has been office. I agree!)

One of the most disgusting displays of the past weeks was the one after the Republicans passed their tax bill and they all gathered at the White House to heap praise on this man who is so manifestly unfit to serve as president. Top of the putrid heap was the venerable Senator Orrin Hatch, Republican from Utah and a law enforcement geek friendly with Patricia Cornwell who is close to retiring (and possibly replaced by Mitt Romney). Orrin actually stood there and declared that Trump was the best president he had ever worked with. For shame!

Cheers

Chris

Orrin Hatch (born March 22, 1934), senior United States Senator for Utah.
                        He has been the President pro tempore of the U.S. Senate since 2015.
                        Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 01-12-2018, 03:49 PM.
                        Christopher T. George

Comment

Looks like a Thunderbirds puppet.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Is there anyone at all who believes that Haiti, the Banana Republics, or central Africa are great places to live? When you're asked for an example of a nation whose culture you admire and accomplishments you respect, does El Salvador spring right to mind? Can you realistically imagine, even for a moment, someone born in America, Canada, or the UK wishing that they'd had the great good fortune to be born Haitian instead?

The real problem here is that Trump is failing to dress unpleasant truths in the socially-required language of equivocation and blame-deflection. That's pretty much an unforgivable sin these days.
                            - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                              Hello Herlock,

Trump has routinely treated members of his own party like dirt and has no problem insulting them. Should he get impeached, I think there are those in his party who will not be eager to come to his defense.

c.d.
                              Hi c.d.

Let’s hope someone sets the ball rolling
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X