"Real Murder: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Real Murder: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery"

Hallmark Mysteries recently ran two television mystery movies revolving around a group called The Real Murders Club. I enjoyed them, especially the scenes involving the true-crime enthusiasts, and thought I would mention them.

They're apparently based on a series of mystery novels featuring Aurora Teagarden.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Hallmark Mysteries recently ran two television mystery movies revolving around a group called The Real Murders Club. I enjoyed them, especially the scenes involving the true-crime enthusiasts, and thought I would mention them.

They're apparently based on a series of mystery novels featuring Aurora Teagarden.
    Thanks Dunny will keep an eye out for them.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I've read them. They are written by Charlaine Harris (the same woman who wrote the True Blood vampire things). They are basically her early works where she put a quirky southern woman in a mystery setting. The Book Club aspect of the series was literally only the first novel and then it was dropped and it became a series about general murder in the small southern town she lived in. They were good, light, what I call "popcorn" reads. Not really gripping but light character study type novels that you can easily pick up and put down.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Thank you for the information, Ally.

One thing I enjoyed about the club in the TV-movies was that they reminded me of these folks on Casebook! Also the way the Julia Wallace murder was replicated, down to the raincoat-- and that I knew about it, even though until recently I'd never heard of it! I don't know if the librarian murdered in her library is true, or not, though...
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Librarian murdered in her library?? I don't remember that from the novel (though it's been a few years since I read it) so that might be something they inserted for the drama in the movie. The Wallace murder was recreated, I remember that, and a couple of others, but I don't remember them attempting to "do in" Aurora (the librarian) in a library setting based on an old murder. Don't want to spoil the books so I won't go further than that in case someone does read them. Again, I could be wrong, it has been a few years since I read them but if that was the "dramatic climax" kind of thing, I am pretty sure that might have been made for the movie. (The murder that was chosen as the climax in the book was probably too squicky for Hallmark since it was based on a child killer so that might be why they changed it).
          Last edited by Ally; 07-28-2015, 11:47 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
          X