"Miss Marie Lloyd" BBC Series On YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Miss Marie Lloyd" BBC Series On YouTube

Hi guys. A BBC production called "Miss Marie Lloyd" about the life of the famous music-hall performer is available on YouTube. As most of you already know, Marie was related to John McCarthy, Mary Kelly's landlord.

Apparently this series got good reviews when it aired on BBC. I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I watched Episode 1 and enjoyed it, so thought others might too.

Here is the info that was posted with it:

''Miss Marie Lloyd, Queen of the Music Hall-
    Jessie Wallace and Richard Armitage star in this wonderful BBC drama based on the turbulent life and times of Marie Lloyd, known as the 'Queen of the Music Hall', who was famous at the turn of the 20th century not just for her performances on stage but also for her riotous behaviour off it. Lloyd's love life and outrageous conduct made her a target for the rising tabloid newspapers of the time. The film includes some of Lloyd's most famous songs, including 'My Old Man Said Follow the Van' and her theme song 'A Little of What You Fancy Does You Good'."

Note: If you want to watch it, it might be a good idea to do so fairly soon- the BBC is known for suddenly removing videos from YouTube.

"Miss Marie Lloyd": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZCUGhPOTA

There are also a number of YouTube videos available of old recordings of Marie Lloyd singing some of her most famous songs, usually accompanied by wonderful old photos of her.

Best regards,
    Archaic
Working...
X