Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Hi Aethelwulf,

I was suggesting that the ripper mutilations resembled the Masonic tradition more than the sacrificial rites of Leviticus. Personally, I don't think the resemblance can be completely discarded.

Thanks for the link. I would share the opinion that Bury had "acquired" the cufflinks, but do not share the enthusiasm for Bury as a JtR candidate.

Cheers, George
    hi gb
    i think if there was any ritualistic element to the crimes, that it has more to do with personal psychological reasons. imho the ripper was fascinated with what the knife could do to the female body, and there was a curiosity factor involved there too, amd the desire to display and perhaps shock the public with what he could do.

tje farthest i would go on the ritualistic stuff was fishs idea that the the ripper was inspired by and possibly re creating the anatomical venuses he saw in museums before they shut down. a very intriguing idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Former military and or navy/ sailor
      Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

Was Church Passage Man a coster?
      If CPM is regarded as being JtR, what suspects remain when the first or second above, is also supposed to be true?
      Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

... the farthest i would go on the ritualistic stuff was fishs idea that the the ripper was inspired by and possibly re creating the anatomical venuses he saw in museums before they shut down. a very intriguing idea...
        Back in the mid-1980s I remember being told by someone well-informed that these wax displays had exterted a similar fascination over Peter Sutcliffe, who saw some at a seaside (?) town as a boy.

I don't know how much of this was ever made public: a lot of things about Sutcliffe's mind and crimes don't seem to have been revealed. It would no doubt be useful to know more.

M.

Comment

Of course absolutely.

Interestingly i think bury is one of the few suspects who still fits most if not all of these (that we know of course). Except former military navy/ sailor?

Do we know?
          I think the sailor angle, as indicated by on some of the witness evidence, could well be a red herring. If you look at the most convincing ripper sighting by Lawende and his sailorly appearance, he just sounds like a man in a relatively casual outfit wearing a peaked cap - perhaps the only sailor element is the neck tie but hardly conclusive. There is also the man that attacked Farmer who sounds nothing like a sailor but one of the witnesses makes that comment, although again the man is was wearing a necktie.

Personally I think the key to these 'sailors' is the necktie wearing and the evidence that Earp turned up about the noticeable physical feature of a cut on the side of Bury's neck. although we don't know he had a scar as per the man that attacked Farmer, you first need a cut or similar to have a scar, and I bet the police din't record every cut and bruise on every vagrant they arrested, so it must have been something fairly prominent on his neck. Bury seems to have displayed a good deal of vanity about his neck and I think the necktie sightings were hiding this feature of Bury (tied to the FBI point about a physical feature that could be small but psychologically crushing). As noted in another thread on the two other 'sailors', a relatively short man and a tall man, the short man answering to the name of Bill, we know Ellen referred to Bury as Bill.

Comment

a lot of these explanations are based on my reasoned assumptions, such as lawende, Schwartz, cox, marshall, pc smith and mrs long probably saw the ripper. also that GSG was written by him. and from what we now know about serial killers and postmortem types.

Aged 28-43-witness descriptions (wd) and from the fact that many serial killers post mortem type usually start in late twenties. Dahmer, who I believe is closest to the ripper in MO and sig, started age 28.

Below average height-wd. and height of GSG

Stout, powerfully built-wd. and specifically Schwartz "broad shoulders.

Light brown/ ginger hair-wd. perhaps would explain discrepencies between brown, fair, carroty colored hair by witnesses. my son has curly/wiry sandy brown/ginger hair and based on lighting can look brown, dark brown, reddish and even blonde.

mustache-wd

Local, lived in immediate area-all murders within one square mile, gsg written in direction from mitre square headed back into heart of WC. killer seemed to know area very well.
            Walked when committing murders, possible use of cart-see above. cart use is just a guess as it would aid escape and detection.

English-wd. especially ones who heard him talk. no mention of accent.

Gentile-"lipski!" and gsg. I doubt a jew would implicate his own kind.

Steady work, probably involving manuel labor-when he killed on holidays and weekends point to steady work. his ability to kill quickly and quietly point to being strong and in shape-kept up by work requiring "exercise".

Lower class but not poor-see above-steady job and wd-"respectable".

Had own place, though modest-see above steady job-would be able to afford. needed own bolt hole for trophies and post murder activities(masturbation and canabalism) plus to wash up in private. Abbarline didn't think you find him in "dossers kitchen".

Frequented pubs and drinker-blotchy with ale and what we know about serial killers-and that he felt comfortable fraternizing with prostitutes.

Single or dominated wife-needed privacy or spouse who wouldn't question strange behavior.

Knew prostitues and socialized with-seemed very comfortable around them and was able to convince them he was normal joe even at height of ripper scare.

Had problems having sex-guess based on no overt sexual behavior.

Former military and or navy/ sailor-many serial killers are and peaked cap-"like a sailor would wear".

Very familiar with knife-sig and MO point to this. escalation (millwood, tabram and on) point to someone used to carrying and using a knife. also contemperous expert opinion.

Accustomed to carrying knife before murder spree-see above. was probably fascinated with knives and used them a lot from early age.

Appears very cocky to people-
            Thinks he is smarter than anyone else-
            Self assured-this and above two based on interaction with victims-able to go from murder of stride to eddowes in short order. Marshal-"you would say anything but your prayers" etc. long-"will you?" "yes".

Cunning-able to ruse victims at height of ripper scare and get away at the nick of time. anyone who could pull off double event night would need to be cunning IMHO.

Experience cutting up animals-see above use with knife, and many serial killers start by torturing cutting up animals as youths.

Probable anatomical knowledge, possible medical/surgical experience-drs at the time and modern experts. evidence-cutting around navel, extraction of kidney. being able to do so quickly in limited light.

NO or very light criminal record-guess based on ability of getting away in nick of time. I think he was accustomed to and good at "getting away" with things.

No overt mental illness-wd, seemed normal, "smooth" even. plus I don't think if he had overt mental illness he would have been able to lure victims at height of ripper crimes, and stay un caught for that matter.

Read newspapers-the way he posed victims, wrote gsg-shock value-point to someone who enjoyed his work and how it affected everyone and would thus like to read about his work.

Main motivation-Fascinated with the female body and what his knife could do to it-based on wounds. internal and external parts targeted.sexual areas targeted. "playful" use of knife-nicking eddowes eyelids. no torture involved-everything post mortem.

Possible masterbation and or cannibalism with trophies/ parts-guess based on past post mortem type sk behavior. from hell letter. organs removed and taken away. trophies often used to relive fantasy and masturbate with.

Secondary motivation-Enjoyed shocking / toying with the public-victims displayed. gsg.

Looked down on police-guess based on much of above. dear boss letter.

No interest in torture, all interest post mortem-well known and see above

Curiosity big factor in motivation
            -guess based on wounds and removal of internal parts and sig-wanted to see what they were like. and what his knife could do to the female body.

I know not very scientific, but there it is IMHO.
            Having re read my explanations for each point-just wanted to add another explanation on this one:

NO or very light criminal record-guess based on ability of getting away in nick of time. I think he was accustomed to and good at "getting away" with things.
            most post mortem type serial killers dont-Bundy, Dahmer, Gein, Brudos, Kemper, green river man for examples

Comment

Working...
            X