Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jack the Ripper Book

Folks,
    I found this forthcoming book on Amazon today.

It is called "Jack the Riper" by Paul Begg and John Bennett.
    Apparently it includes 30 CGI reconstructions of the crime scenes.

It doesn't seem to be a new edition of their "Jack the Ripper: CSI: Whitechapel"
    book, but it should be very helpful in terms of giving us a clear picture of what the crime scenes were really like.

It will be interesting to see their take on the circumstances surrounding the discovery of Polly Nichol's body and how they interpret the relevant positions of Charles Cross and Robert Paul. (brace yourself Fisherman!)

Amazon link below.

Oops!

I hope my previous post doesn't start a new search for "The Riper".

"What a Plonker Rodney!"

Comment

[QUOTE=barnflatwyngarde;406830]
      It will be interesting to see their take on the circumstances surrounding the discovery of Polly Nichol's body and how they interpret the relevant positions of Charles Cross and Robert Paul. (brace yourself Fisherman!)

I think they will come to the conclusion that every other sensible person does and that's that both Charles Cross and Robert Paul were witnesses.

Comment

How Bennett and Begg look upon the Lechmere theory is not exactly any secret...

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          Maybe not Fish, but I'm sure that they will give your theory a fair hearing.

JM Keynes once said "When the facts change, I change my mind."

I am sure that they will have taken cognisance of the debates re Lechmere/Cross on these boards, and will make their minds up fairly and honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
            Maybe not Fish, but I'm sure that they will give your theory a fair hearing.

JM Keynes once said "When the facts change, I change my mind."

I am sure that they will have taken cognisance of the debates re Lechmere/Cross on these boards, and will make their minds up fairly and honestly.
            I am not disputing that. They are both very discerning men and I have no doubt whatsoever they will speak their mind as they see things.

However, I am doing the exact same thing.

So I fail to see what you are suggesting? That they should be accepted as always being correct? I think both Paul and John would protest vehemently against such a suggestion. And if all you are after is a famous ripperologist with a good reputation saying that the Lechmere theory is not a good one, then by all means, use Stewart Evans.

Be my guest!

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up!

Folks,

It doesn't seem to be a new edition of their "Jack the Ripper: CSI: Whitechapel"
              book, but it should be very helpful in terms of giving us a clear picture of what the crime scenes were really like.

Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ripper...e+ripper+books
              Hi, Barnflat,
              this sounds like a great book, and I'll put it on my to-get list. Thank you for the info.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

I am not disputing that. They are both very discerning men and I have no doubt whatsoever they will speak their mind as they see things.

However, I am doing the exact same thing.

So I fail to see what you are suggesting? That they should be accepted as always being correct? I think both Paul and John would protest vehemently against such a suggestion. And if all you are after is a famous ripperologist with a good reputation saying that the Lechmere theory is not a good one, then by all means, use Stewart Evans.

Be my guest!
                Fisherman,
                I am not suggesting anything, other than I for one will welcome the chance to find out what 2 very knowledgeable people have to say about the many puzzling and contradictory aspects to the case, in particular, the locations of Cross/Lechmere and Paul in Bucks Row.

I have never ridiculed your premise, and I look forward to reading your printed theory in detail.

Cheers!

Comment

Folks,

Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ripper...e+ripper+books

I can't wait till July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need this now .

Comment

Still waiting for your book as featured on that Channel 5 documentary!!!!!!

Comment

Fisherman,
                      I am not suggesting anything, other than I for one will welcome the chance to find out what 2 very knowledgeable people have to say about the many puzzling and contradictory aspects to the case, in particular, the locations of Cross/Lechmere and Paul in Bucks Row.

I have never ridiculed your premise, and I look forward to reading your printed theory in detail.

Cheers!
                      I donīt think more can be said about the locations of the two carmen in Bucks Row than what has already been said. And that is way too much, to be frank...
                      But letīs wait and see!

Comment

I donīt think more can be said about the locations of the two carmen in Bucks Row than what has already been said. And that is way too much, to be frank...
                        But letīs wait and see!
                        You could be right, let's wait and see.

Stay cool, and remember, the first beer will be on me.

Comment

You could be right, let's wait and see.

Stay cool, and remember, the first beer will be on me.
                          Taking a mental note...

Comment

Working...
                          X