No announcement yet.

Green Bicycle Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think he would have confessed to anything, though? If he was able to be as cool as a cucumber in the witness box in 1920, through a pretty savage cross-examination and kept his silence from then until old age, I don't think he would have imparted much of interest, except perhaps the fact he had found his trial to be an ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
      Do you think he would have confessed to anything, though? If he was able to be as cool as a cucumber in the witness box in 1920, through a pretty savage cross-examination and kept his silence from then until old age, I don't think he would have imparted much of interest, except perhaps the fact he had found his trial to be an ordeal.
      No I don't think he would have confessed, however he may have thought that by saying it was an accident it may save him from the high jump if he went down.

By the same token he may have kept his mouth shut till old age because there was nothing to say, that hadn't already been said.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Stan,
        Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        A .455 is a rather large caliber for rifles which tend to have longer but smaller diameter bullets. It's not unheard of though, in fact, I have a .450 caliber Marlin lever action rifle.
        IIRC, a .45 cal can also be fired through a .410 shotgun, although the accuracy may suffer slightly since shotgun barrels don't have any striations.
        Regards,
        MacGuffin
        --------------------
        "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Some photos of Leicester Court, where Lights trial was held.

Here you see the Court room, and holding cells, and the steps from said cells to the Court.

Finally, Bella Wrights grave.

Monty
          Attached Files
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Thank you for the photos, Monty. Very interesting. I believe there was an attempt to collect enough money to buy poor Bella Wright a proper gravestone as her family could never have afforded to do so, but it failed. At least she now has a plaque.

How would it be to time travel to witness a capital trial in some of these courtrooms, lit by gaslight and with great advocates like Marshall Hall, Cassels and Curtis-Bennett in full flight!

Comment

Working...
            X