Whitechapel In Quarantine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel In Quarantine!

I watched "Doomsday" earlier today, about a post apocolyptic Britain after a virus breaks out in Scotland. The virus kills off millions and a giant wall is erected over the site of Hadrians Wall.

Fast forward 30 odd years and the virus has broke out again!

This time the futuristic "Slums of Whitechapel" are the breeding ground for this strange virus.

The film has a stellar cast but is genre confused, mixing elements of horror, action and fantasy to make a weird twisting movie.

There are chases similar to mad max, viruses similar to 28Days Later, and a Castle, Knights, Guns, Canibalism, violence, and a song and dance routine halfway through!

Quite bizarre, but interesting.
    Regards Mike

Sounds interesting Mike- Would that be 'Clinically Insane 'Max or 'I thought I was going to go like Mother, Max'

Where did you pick this little number up from?
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

The film is on general release in the UK on DVD, It was released shortly before Christmas, but Asda had it on sale quite cheap!
      Regards Mike

Comment

I wonder why?! (<--- read in a sarcastic manner)
        Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Comment

On the same sort of vein, I have come into the possesion of an episode of "The Veil "an American TV series hosted by Boris Karloff. The episode in question is entitled Jack the Ripper, and involves a physic who dreams of the muders in advance. He informs the police, who of course do not believe him, but because he discloses information known only to the policet they arrest him for the crimes. While he is in his prison cell, he informs the police that another murder will be commited, and when this happens they then believe him.

In short he leads them to Jack the Rippers house, a doctor, who has just been commited to an asylum. Anyway his wife breaks down under questioning and informs them that for a while her husband has been acting rather strange of late including pouring turpentine over bats and then after settting fire to them gleefully watching the burning flapping bats fly around the room.

Not the best of Ripper related films, but not bady acted.

all the best

Observer

Comment

Hi Observer

You can watch this and several other episodes at the Internet Archive.

Comment

Hi Robert

Where exactly? Got a link?

all the best

Observer

Comment

Just type "the veil" into the search box.

Comment

Thanks for that Robert, much obliged

all the best

Observer

Comment

Just had a brief look at that site Robert very very good indeed, thanks for that

all the best

Observer

Comment

Great site Robert!!
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                      X