This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
    Just a thought-If the disposal was considered discreet at the time, would anyone have suggested it was a student 'prank'? Aren't pranks done for impact?
    For clarity, I said that dumping body parts was comparatively discreet compared to ripping women open in public and removing their organs with the police breathing down one's neck. Which is perfectly true.

Fisherman seems to think that I said that dumping body parts was "discreet" in some absolute sense, which I never claimed.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      You seem to champion Trevors ideas? All that talk about killers and the former statement that we should not speak of murders since it is not a sure thing, I mean?
      Whatever you meant by that, I'm certainly not doing any of it. I'm certainly not championing Trevor's ideas, nor his approach for that matter.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

A fair enough observation. But if he wanted maximum attention for what he did, then it would be anything but whacky to float the parts through central London, where most of them would be (and indeed were) found.

Frustration is not a good thing to bring into a discussion, I think we may agree on that.
        I think you meant respond to sams previous post or misunderstood me, but I’m agreeing with you.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          For clarity, I said that dumping body parts was comparatively discreet compared to ripping women open in public and removing their organs with the police breathing down one's neck. Which is perfectly true.

Fisherman seems to think that I said that dumping body parts was "discreet" in some absolute sense, which I never claimed.
          No, Gareth. You said, and I am quoting you word by word:

"I see rather the opposite in the torso cases, namely a practical disposal mechanism that bordered on the discreet; much like flushing one's waste down the toilet."

So you were not saying that the dumping was discreet only in comparison with what the Ripper did. You said that you saw the opposite thing to the Rippers deeds when looking at the torso deeds, namely a disposal that bordered on the discreet.

You may have MEANT that it was discreet only in comparison with the Rippers deeds - but God knows that just about anything is discreet in comparison with those deeds - but that was not what you said. And I can only comment on what you say, not what you may or may not think.

Then again, if you are now saying that the torso deeds were anything BUT discreet per se, we are making a lot of progress.
          Last edited by Fisherman; 10-11-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            The torso men might have been wacky, but doesn't excuse OUR wacky reasoning.
            Men?, torso killers?

I think even the consensus then and now is that the torso victims, at least the 80s ones were the work of one man.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Just a thought-If the disposal was considered discreet at the time, would anyone have suggested it was a student 'prank'? Aren't pranks done for impact?
              Hi debs
              I’m not sure I understand, but then again I’m not too quick on the uptake.

Were torsos considered a student prank at the time? And who said that?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                I think you meant respond to sams previous post or misunderstood me, but I’m agreeing with you.
                No, I was commenting on your point that the torso killer was whacky. I agreed, but added that if he wanted to get attention, dumping the parts the way he did was rational enough.

Long as we agree, though, I´m fine.

Comment

• Off to bed now, will check in again tomorrow. Goodnight.

Comment

No, I was commenting on your point that the torso killer was whacky. I agreed, but added that if he wanted to get attention, dumping the parts the way he did was rational enough.

Long as we agree, though, I´m fine.
                    Yes rational to a wacky mans way of thinking and yes we totally agree on this point!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Off to bed now, will check in again tomorrow. Goodnight.
                      Sweet dreams of body parts danced in his head. Giggle.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I need no excuse, Gareth. I am making perfectly viable points and you are making something of a spectacle of yourself. Which is kind of sad.
                        You continually minimise or deny the glaring differences between the Ripper and Torso cases and posit the equivalent of Ptolemaic epicycles to explain away anomalies that might threaten your view of the universe. That's what's "kind of sad" here, not anything I've posted.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Men?, torso killers?
                          Just trying to keep the possibilities open, Abby. The moment we decide that there was only one killer is when our perception of the evidence starts to warp.
                          I think even the consensus then and now is that the torso victims, at least the 80s ones were the work of one man.
                          It's possible that the 80s ones were, but even that's not a given IMHO.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hi debs
                            I’m not sure I understand, but then again I’m not too quick on the uptake.

Were torsos considered a student prank at the time? And who said that?
                            Yes, Abby. Whenever body parts began to turn up someone would claim it was a student prank and it would be reported in the press. Would people consider a prank by students at all if these remains had thought to have been disposed of 'discreetly' was what I was wondering about.

Comment

• >Just a thought-If the disposal was considered discreet at the time, would anyone have suggested it was a student 'prank'? Aren't pranks done for impact?<<

I've always assumed the student prank idea was driven by the notion of, who might have access to body parts and who might be impish in nature to commit a prank, rather than a reference to where the parts were found.

In other words, a notion not particularly thought through. Something very common when it comes all things jtr;-)
                              Last edited by drstrange169; 10-11-2017, 02:35 PM.
                              dustymiller
                              aka drstrange

Comment

Yes, Abby. Whenever body parts began to turn up someone would claim it was a student prank and it would be reported in the press. Would people consider a prank by students at all if these remains had thought to have been disposed of 'discreetly' was what I was wondering about.
                                No of course not, and good point!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X