Thurman vs Garcia predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman vs Garcia predictions?

Two undefeated world champs colliding this Sat. Who wins this one? I'm leaning towards Thurman but this is a coin toss for me...very hard to call.

Should be a good one and props to the promoters for airing it on network tv!

-Dan

I am so excited for this fight.. and I am one of the few picking Garcia....every time you think he will get beat he finds a way to win..plus, never bet against a man with 6 toes!!!!

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      I am so excited for this fight.. and I am one of the few picking Garcia....every time you think he will get beat he finds a way to win..plus, never bet against a man with 6 toes!!!!

Steadmund Brand
      Haha....I think the sixth toe gives him extra leverage on his punches! I've gone back and forth on this fight but I have to say Thurman. I think Thurman slightly edges Garcia in every department. Ring intelligence, power, movement, etc. I think Garcia takes a better punch though. This will be such a fun fight to watch I cant wait.

-Dan

Comment

I couldn't see anything other than Thurman beating him.

116-112 was the right call. How on earth one of the judges could give it to Garcia is beyond me. I know there's such a thing as room for opinions, but dear me: 115-113 Garcia is bordering on the ridiculous.

Thurman is a good fighter, and I would say a Thurman/Brook fight would be a 50/50 call. The best two fighters in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
          I couldn't see anything other than Thurman beating him.

116-112 was the right call. How on earth one of the judges could give it to Garcia is beyond me. I know there's such a thing as room for opinions, but dear me: 115-113 Garcia is bordering on the ridiculous.

Thurman is a good fighter, and I would say a Thurman/Brook fight would be a 50/50 call. The best two fighters in the division.
          I didn't actually score the fight but just watching from a fans perspective I thought Thurman deserved the win, however he did throw away some later rounds imo.

Brook vs Spence is going to be a good one. I think Brooks is the best welterweight right now. 2017 is going to be a good year for us boxing fans.

Dan

Comment

I too scored it for Thurman, 115-113... the 115-113 card for was bad... but NY judges do not like scoring for "runners" and I see why Garcia was given rounds we didn't see. plus... I know that Thurman was hurt a few times to the body, which unless you really know what to look for is almost impossible to see on TV, but sitting ringside, you can hear the punches and moans... so that may have had something to do with it... but wow, I would love to see it again, Garcia knows he fought the wrong fight and I think would make a much better fight the 2nd time.... as for Brook.. his hands are gonna be full with Erroll Spence Jr. that is going to be a MOSTER FIGHT!!! can't pick a winner yet....will go back and forth on it a few times before fight night I'm sure

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
              I didn't actually score the fight but just watching from a fans perspective I thought Thurman deserved the win, however he did throw away some later rounds imo.

Brook vs Spence is going to be a good one. I think Brooks is the best welterweight right now. 2017 is going to be a good year for us boxing fans.

Dan
              He coasted through the last 3 rounds as the job was done, but I thought I was being generous in giving Garcia 1 of the first 9 rounds. He was taken apart by a much better fighter.

'Haven't seen much of Spence although has he fought anyone of genuine quality? What we don't know about Kell is how his face will react to being broken by Golovkin and again he is gonna go through torture to make the weight - going up and down takes its toll - ask Roy Jones.

The best thing that could happen is Brook wins and then fights Thurman, because these two are very good boxers and both come across as being decent lads. I think I'd probably edge towards Thurman on points.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post

'Haven't seen much of Spence although has he fought anyone of genuine quality?
                Chris Algerie is the best Spence has faced. Spence is the only person to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
                  Chris Algerie is the best Spence has faced. Spence is the only person to stop him.
                  Anyone seen the Golovkin fight? Haven't seen it but apparently Jacobs gave him a run for his money.

Comment

It was a good fight.. Jacobs is a great fighter, awkward, and tough.... GGG didn't look his best, but not bad by any means... plus made him look human, maybe now Canelo (or I should say Canelo's team... as I don't think Alvarez is afraid of anyone... can't say the same of his team) will agree to fight him.....in what I think would be an Amazing fight....

Gonzalez on the undercard was the shocker of the year so far... but one that we should have seen coming...this fight had all the makings of an upset.. but we were all so blinded by the brilliance of Chocolatito that we missed it.

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Working...
                    X