Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like someone was none too chuffed with the show:

Comment

• i think they are going the same way as Taggart! they will investigate any crime in the uk with a historic overtone so it will be a very tenuous "Whitechapel"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Judging by the surroundings I should think it's somewhere in one of the Inns of Court.
        Two years on, I happened to come across it today. It's in Lincoln's Inn:
        london, columns, lunchtime, lunchtimestroll, vaults, lincolnsinn, innsofcourt, faved, undercroft, tommyajohansson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben View Post
          Looks like someone was none too chuffed with the show:

http://www.rippertv.net/
          Hmmmm...I wonder whether that author believes they have sole ownership over all the facts of this case, cause if so then I think we all need to get in touch with our lawyers!

Comment

• Hello Ben, Trevor,

Clickon the Eddowes link on that website. I sat there aghast at the claim. Perhaps it is just me?

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              Hello Ben, Trevor,

Clickon the Eddowes link on that website. I sat there aghast at the claim. Perhaps it is just me?

best wishes

Phil
              I haven't even looked that hard and I can see 3 fairly shocking claims right there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben View Post
                Looks like someone was none too chuffed with the show:

http://www.rippertv.net/
                Wow!

That's a terrific website! The animus! And just when you think that the spirit has gone out of Ripperology...

Regards,

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by m_w_r View Post
                  Wow!

That's a terrific website! The animus! And just when you think that the spirit has gone out of Ripperology...

Regards,

Mark
                  Indeed, it made my evening!

Assuming this bloke really is the author of the book he claims then I was actually looking at it the other week. He's saved me some pennies at least.

Comment

• Hi Trevor,

I guess it must be him - why would anyone else prepare such a detailed summary of their objections? But I suppose that the internet can be a weird place.

Do you think this is a good time to point out to Mr Eddleston that the Crown - that is, the public house in which Severin Klosowski killed Maud Marsh in 1902 - isn't on "High Street, Islington", as he says on p.202 of the 2002 paperback version of his Encyclopedia, but is, in fact, situated at 213 Borough High Street, as he says, strangely enough, on p.203 of the same book? I notice this mistake hasn't been corrected in the recent paperback version which is in the shops now - and I think that it's repeated, to some extent, in his recent Foul Deeds in Islington, which I haven't got yet. Anyway, I don't think the producers of Whitechapel borrowed this particular "fact".

Regards,

Mark

Comment

• Good find Mark. I wonder if he was getting mixed up with D'Onston. Mind you, maybe he just decided to invent some facts to catch out unscrupulous TV producers.

Comment

• I looked up the review of John Eddleston's Ripper encyclopedia and it gets a pretty good write up as being a worthy and thoughtful book.

Puzzling really, since the author of the website seems a little... Well...

Comment

• Can anyone tell me where 2 locations are, the bars the ripperologist and detective go and also the alley he takes a tour down and gives the "serial killers do not emerge fully formed" talk.

Comment

• All such questions will no doubt be answered in Helena's forthcoming book.
                            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                            X