Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripper Street starts tonight (30th Dec) on UK TV (BBC1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up after ten minutes because I was struggling to make out what most people were saying. The sound clarity is terrible and the cast members mumble and mutter so much. I noticed this in previous episodes too but it seemed worse last night.

I don't think I'll bother with this again. It almost feels like I'm watching a spoof programme.

Comment

Not a bad series.

They also labelled Mary Ann Nichols and Alice McKensie the wrong way round on the murder victims pictures on the wall.

Nick

Comment

Watched episode 3 tonight. Not bad really. Starting to get to know the characters now. None of them seemed to mind the blood, vomit and gore. Regardless of not really knowing how disease/germs are spread you would have thought the bloke doing the autopsy would use a pair of gloves to keep the mess off his hands. He was, after all an 'American surgeon'.

Noticed the switching face scratches too
        JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
        JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
        ---------------------------------------------------
        JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Continuity

Originally posted by Observer View Post
          Hi Bridewell

Not only did the scratches move from the left side of the face to the right they also returned to the left side again. And below a photo of Frances Coles the name Polly Nichols appeared, implying it was her in the photograph.

Regards

Observer
          I missed that. Still think the series is good entertainment, despite the wrongly-labelled photos and the continuity errors.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Unashamedly I repeat myself...it's interesting...

So who noticed the identity of the song being performed on stage when the police entered the somewhat dubious transvestite club?
            Only a Violet...

Now is that interesting or isn't it?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
              Only a Violet...

Now is that interesting or isn't it?

All the best

Dave
              I missed that as well! (That's annoying, as I've never heard it).

Comment

Bridewell you can catch it again on bbc iplayer.

Comment

For any Canadians who haven't noticed, Ripper Street begins January 19th on Space.

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                    Bridewell you can catch it again on bbc iplayer.
                    Hi Richard,

Thanks. I actually watched the episode - just missed all these things which others saw and I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                      Hi Richard,

Thanks. I actually watched the episode - just missed all these things which others saw and I didn't.
                      Yes, but you can replay on iplayer to catch the things you missed first time round

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                        I missed that as well! (That's annoying, as I've never heard it).
                        I might be much mistaken, but some time ago I'm sure there was a link on here to a youtube video of someone's visit to MJK's grave; this was the soundtrack. Unfortunately, I'm jiggered if I can find it now.

Edit: Found it, here

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Last edited by Janner; 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Originally posted by Janner View Post
                          I might be much mistaken, but some time ago I'm sure there was a link on here to a youtube video of someone's visit to MJK's grave; this was the soundtrack. Unfortunately, I'm jiggered if I can find it now.

Edit: Found it, here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrUzgpRB4ZI
                          Hi Janner,

Well found - and thank-you.

Comment

It just was televised here in the States on BBC America. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first season of Whitechapel. I skimmed this thread quickly because I don't want any spoilers. I did see discussion about some people "missing things" Ripper related and having to rewatch the episode. Did this occur in the first episode? If so, what should I look for? If not, well, I guess don't spoil it!

Comment

The latest episode was less convincing in my view.

Although, I have to say that I did admire Commissioner Munro's lovely Astrakhan trimmed coat and gold watch chain.

That's one mystery solved then...

Comment

Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
                                Not sure if any of you noticed, but the culprit in the first episode, was the same actor that played Prince Albert in "From Hell".......
                                I thought I recognized him from somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                                X