New Travel Channel program does episode on Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Travel Channel program does episode on Jack

I have been seeing ads for a TV show to start on Travel Channel called Travel Channel's Legend Hunter, featuring Pat Spain.

Episode 2 is to explore new evidence on Jack the Ripper.

Don't know much else, except the guy says he is using science.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Well, I recently watched this, and it was interesting to see Stewart Evans, Mike Hawley, and the Whitechapel Society of 1888 at a gathering. Pat Spain led us to the various accessible sites of the murders, construction work and all, went to the JtR Musuem for more info on the C5, briefly looked at (and dismissed) Walter Sickert, visited a meeting of the Whitechapel Society which featured a mock trial of Dr Gull, interviewed Mr. Evans, and then talked to Mr. Hawley re Tumblety as a suspect.

The rest of the program focused on a handwriting analysis of a letter by Tumblety, as well as the newly discovered postcard purportedly by JtR which refers to a "student's knife". He took a copy of the latter with the signature masked back to his handwriting expert for comparison, and she declared them to be by the same person.

What is the provenance of the postcard? I am not familiar with it.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Pat.

c.d.

Comment

The Vampires of New England should be good as it is a fascinating subject.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
        X