Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    Alice McKenzie was.
    I was referring to the canonical victims, Jon. McKenzie may have been stabbed, but she was not eviscerated. Neither was she stabbed remotely to the extent that Tabram was, for that matter; few things this side of a dartboard are.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      Whilst the latter criterion didn't apply to Nichols, of course, it appears likely that the killer intended to remove one or more organs after having taken the trouble to cut through her abdominal wall.
      Thanks. However, doesn't escalation explain why he is cutting before removing organs instead of being 'disturbed'.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
        However, doesn't escalation explain why he is cutting before removing organs instead of being 'disturbed'.
        Escalation from Nichols onward is a possibility, of course, and he needn't have been interrupted in Bucks Row. Indeed, he might have cut open her abdomen, come to his senses and stopped himself from going further, for that matter.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Ah, I see we've moved up one level of abstraction, Abby Unfortunately, there are massive differences in how the knives were used.
          escalation as the killer perfects there technique.

and its not a "massive" difference at all. far from it.

i see escalation and perfection of technique from millwood to tabram to nichols and then the rest.

let me ask you something Sam- if you discount Tabram-what preceeded Nichols?

surely the rippers technique/MO didnt spring fully formed with Nichols?

from nothing to nichols?? now THAT wouldbe a massive difference.
          Last edited by Abby Normal; 10-22-2018, 06:29 AM.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            escalation as the killer perfects there technique.

and its not a "massive" difference at all. far from it.

i see escalation and perfection of technique from millwood to tabram to nichols and then the rest.

from nothing to nichols?? now THAT wouldbe a massive difference.
            That's the point I was looking to make.

The leap between Nichols and Kelly is greater than the leap between Chapman and Nichols.

Comment

That's the point I was looking to make.

The leap between Nichols and Kelly is greater than the leap between Chapman and Nichols.
              or nothing and nichols
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

or nothing and nichols
                Yeah, that would be very odd.

Comment

I was referring to the canonical victims, Jon. McKenzie may have been stabbed, but she was not eviscerated.
                  Only 3 of the canonical victims were eviscerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                    Very true, John - in the other cases, a quick death seems to have been high up in the agenda, whereas Killeen asserted that Tabram lived through her whole ordeal, up to the chest penetrating stab. That is an important difference, but what we must also take into account here is that there were signs of blunt force trauma to the head of Tabram, and so we may have a scenario where she was unconscious as the killer stabbed away. And if a prone body was all he was after, then he may have made do with a blow to the head to ensure it, and only moved on afterwards to the neck cutting business.
                    There are two thing to note in this context:

1. Llewellyn said that the abdominal wounds came first in the Nichols case. So it would seem that she may be part of a development that reached it´s form only in Hanbury Street. After that, the killer had shaped his MO for the outdoor killings.
                    2. The 1874 torso victim ALSO had received blows to the head, and so we may be looking at a logical development overall.
                    Thanks Christer.

The earlier Torso crimes might be linked to the latter dismemberment cases, or not. I think it can be argued both ways. However, this is obviously not the thread for an in depth discussion of the dismemberment cases, although I'm still planning a detailed post on the subject (I know I've been saying that since Easter, although I have completed quite a bit of research, so not something I'd forgotten!)

What I would say is that there's no way a single killer removed the uterus from the Whitehall victim, then with Tabram he transforms into a frenzied stabber, before sort of returning to plan A with Nichols or Chapman. That's not an evolution of a crime signature, just random chaos!

In fact, if that's what happened maybe George Chapman was JtR!
                    Last edited by John G; 10-22-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

In fact, if that's what happened maybe George Chapman was JtR!
                      If JtR had to off a partner, he would hardly rip her would he? That would like saying... "woohoo I am Jack!" There would be no more debate on who JtR was. So if JtR had to off a partner, they would do it in the most non-ripping way possible and hopefully one secret enough to get away with it. What method would he use?

Comment

If JtR had to off a partner, he would hardly rip her would he? That would like saying... "woohoo I am Jack!" There would be no more debate on who JtR was. So if JtR had to off a partner, they would do it in the most non-ripping way possible and hopefully one secret enough to get away with it. What method would he use?
                        Yes, that's obviously possible. However, the problem is you now have no link between the C5 and Chapman's poisoning crimes. In fact, you also have a completely different motive.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          Yes, that's obviously possible. However, the problem is you now have no link between the C5 and Chapman's poisoning crimes. In fact, you also have a completely different motive.
                          Yeah it's a different motive completely but at least we know he is capable of not just murder... but serial homicides. Not a bad start with considering a suspect from Whitechapel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                            Only 3 of the canonical victims were eviscerated.
                            True enough, although Nichols was as close to evisceration as most people get. Certainly, Alice McKenzie did not have her abdomen cut open like Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes or Kelly.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Someone with a morbid fantasy to disembowel, which eventually became so extreme he had to act it out?
                              We might wonder the same about Tabram. Perhaps we should be looking for a murder victim who died from 38 stab-wounds, before that 37 (and so on).
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

We might wonder the same about Tabram. Perhaps we should be looking for a murder victim who died from 38 stab-wounds, before that 37 (and so on).
                                Ah, but the stab wounds were the cause of death because of bleeding. So that is why we hear about the stab wounds but what we don't hear so much about is that her head had also sustained impact damage and it appears someone also attacked her private parts. She was also posed sexually and had her clothes ripped open not unlike Eddowes and Chapman. The victimology is there also. I think also we should assume she was strangled given her tongue is still popping out even in her morgue photo. The cause of death was given as stabbing and blood loss at her inquest, but there was much more that happened to her which was held back least they offend sensitive ears. Of course after Nichols and when Chapman appeared, they realized they shouldn't be holding things back like this because...

... they were connected all along.

Comment

Working...
                                X