Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Abby Normal 6 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Harry D 1 hour and 14 minutes ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 3 hours ago.
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - by Fisherman 3 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - by TradeName 5 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - by TradeName 6 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Lechmere/Cross, Charles: So if you live in Bethnal Green, you wont kill in Whitechapel? - (44 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Kansas Physician Confirms Howard Report - (3 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Lawrence - (2 posts)
Letters and Communications: I'm not a butcher, I'm not a Yid...... - (1 posts)
Rippercast: Donald Rumbelow at the Cloak & Dagger Club 1999- The Siege of Sidney Street - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Sickert, Walter

Old 05-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Sergeant

Suppose there had to be SOMEONE who liked Cornwell.....
and here he is!
By the way,corncerning the end of your post 21,Pirate Jack....it went something like...Yo!Patricia,some of Casebook loves you..........
Pray tell,who else apart from your goodself is included in this statement?
Having tried to get interested in reading just one of her books before completely giving up on civilisation as we know it,I would GLADLY leave Patricia Cornwell to get on with her writing in peace....at the end of a launch pad in the hope that NASA would take pity on us all,and let some unsuspecting aliens receive a gift that is guaranteed to bore them to tears.
Hey!Iv'e just come up with the perfect solution to getting a look at them....they're bound to try to return it.
BUT WE WILL BE READY FOR THEM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:33 AM

I don't mind Ms Cornwell at all.
Anyone who generates that amount of venom from the Ripper community is okay by me.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
Suppose there had to be SOMEONE who liked Cornwell.....
and here he is!
You have plainly and clearly failed to read my posts..

My case is simple, and it has nothing to do with Sickert as a suspect...

My case is about respect, and people having the right top argue fore whichever suspect they feel, without personal abuse being fired..

My case is that I have not, so far, seen evidence that Patricia Cornwall has been firing personal abuse..and that her attack on Sickert is no different to that directed at any other suspect..

Please read what is said..not what you interpret as being said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
By the way,corncerning the end of your post 21,Pirate Jack....it went something like...Yo!Patricia,some of Casebook loves you..........
Pray tell,who else apart from your goodself is included in this statement?
Having tried to get interested in reading just one of her books before completely giving up on civilisation as we know it,I would GLADLY leave Patricia Cornwell to get on with her writing in peace....at the end of a launch pad in the hope that NASA would take pity on us all,and let some unsuspecting aliens receive a gift that is guaranteed to bore them to tears.
Hey!Iv'e just come up with the perfect solution to getting a look at them....they're bound to try to return it.
BUT WE WILL BE READY FOR THEM.
Well actually there are many people who are sick of silly name calling at Patricia..casebook is not the only forum in the world..but I am happy to stand alone against 'bullys'..... I've done it before and I will always stand for what I beleive...

Then your post goes off into some strange rant about aliens..what planet are you on? is this some kind of cross atlantic humour bye pass?

Just trying to make some sembelance of what it is you are actually trying to say?????
Old 05-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
I don't mind Ms Cornwell at all.
Anyone who generates that amount of venom from the Ripper community is okay by me.
Ah haa! a bunch of land lubbers I would say me harty..full for talk but no spunk in um'
Old 05-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Commisioner

Jeff,

The insults Cornwell threw were in a documentary she did, news interviews she gave promoting her book and, I do believe, her book.

They were aimed at researchers of, and those interested in, this subject of Jack, of which I am one. So yes, I take it as personal.

Monty

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622
Old 05-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Assistant Commissioner

As some people are clearly miss understanding what my gripe with Dan Norder is about, let me make it perfectly clear, it is about this statement:

"She surrounds herself with yes men (or, more often, yes women) to stoke her own ego. She's basically bought an undeserved reputation as an expert and uses it to fool her target audience into thinking they are getting the real thing".

It is a statement clearly aimed at people currently in Patricia's employ..it is a statement that is factually incorrect and clearly a statement born on the individual prejudice of its creator..

this is not an argument about Walter Sickert who was clearly in France at teh time of the murders..

However research on Sickert is clearly justifiable as the possibility remains that he MAY have written hoax letters?

Any research that adds to our understanding of the JtR murders is clearly justifiable and beneficial to Ripperology..

That is the argument in hand..

next...
Old 05-17-2008, 01:14 AM

If dear old Pat were to pass me twenty gold sovereigns right now I'd lay down my sad hide for her, and a fine fully rigged sloop with twenty good cannon to blaze a trail of glory through their manky fleet; but I'd have to bite her coin with me teeth, take me pleasure with 'er and have a good bottle of that fine Japan whisky.
By god, I'd nail her tits to the table.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Commisioner

And I rarely do suspect pointing but should I hold favour with a particular suspect, rest assured that it will be based on daming evidence rather that the possibility this suspect wrote letters and looked like a 'sick bastard'.

Monty

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622
Old 05-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Jeff,

The insults Cornwell threw were in a documentary she did, news interviews she gave promoting her book and, I do believe, her book.

They were aimed at researchers of, and those interested in, this subject of Jack, of which I am one. So yes, I take it as personal.

Monty
Monty

I have utmost respect for what you are saying...

But really..I have not seen these..please could you give 'quoted' referance, and source information..

I can not be expected to discuss this seriously without knowing exactly what was said and where these referances are?

Yours Jeff
Old 05-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Come on Monty...are you really asking me to create a TV program where i"m not aloud to speculate that Druit or Kosminski or Cohen or Tumblety or Chapman or MAYBRI** (**** to many glasses of wine)

That inocent people were Jack The Ripper....come on its what we do...ask Stan Rosso....were Ripperologists..

We want to know who did it...and they cant all be guilty..

Pleas egive pricise information on these Cornwall attacks ..and I will get an answer..

Jeff