No announcement yet.

Casebook Examiner No. 2 (June 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a matter of fact, I have it in the back of my mind to get a similar dustbin-like metal armour thingie like Ned Kelly's. It will come very handy next time I do something stupid once again, and feel embarrassed to go out on the street in plain view!
    Glad to hear that you're well too. Are you referring to Sutcliffe's appeal to be released from custody? And how does this affect you directly? You're not with the West Yorkshire Police or something? This guy is a waste of space and of the taxpayers' hard earned cash. I don't think I'm pro capital punishment like the Yankees, but in cases like this, it's tempting. I hear that he's been attacked by fellow prisoners twice, while in custody (Dahmer-like). Nice to hear that he's on the receiving end of a little abuse, even if it's peanuts compared to what he was doing himself when “in action“.
    Last edited by mariab; 08-07-2010, 05:20 AM.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

• “ Mr“ vs. “Mc“ in the Special Branch ledgers

To Debra and Lynn:
      An idea I just had pertaining to the “Doherty“ conundrum is to compare the inscription for William Magrath in the Special Branch ledgers, which (as I've read in a thread here on casebook) is spelled “William Mc Grath“ in the SB ledge. If one of you has a copy of the ledge with the Magrath entry, it would be of benefit to compare the inscription “Mc“ in “Mc Grath“ and see if it matches the inscription “Mr“/“Mc“(?) before “Dovertly“/“Doverthy“. Obviously it's a long shot, since it's not a given that the Magrath entry was written by the SAME Special Brand person who put in the “Dovertly“/“Doverthy“ entry, but still, it wouldn't hurt to check this out, would it?
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

• 3 suspects for the Ripper referred in the SB ledgers?

I'm afraid I have another question pertaining to the Special Brand ledgers and their alleged referring to 3 “suspects“ for the Ripper, including “William Mac Grath“. Could the experienced Ripperologists among you explain to me what on earth Trevor Marriot meant when he posted the quote below on this very thread?
        Trevor Marriot quote:
        The ledgers as I have seen do list the names of 2 suspects in addittion to the entry regarding McGrath so we must sit, wait, wonder, and hope. These may be names we are familiar with or may be completely new.

One way this quote makes sense is if Mr Marriot is simply relying on Clutterbuck's thesis, which only quotes "William Mac Grath“'s name as a suspect mentioned in the ledgers. But then why does Mr Marriot say “The ledgers, as I have seen, do list the names“ etc.? If Mr. Marriot has indeed perused the ledgers, then his “we must sit, wait, wonder, and hope“ can only mean that the 3 suspects' names in the ledgers have been redacted in their current form, but we already knew about “William Mc Grath“ from Clutterbuck's thesis, so one of the 3 “suspects“ referred in the ledgers is clear already. Clutterbuck, interestingly enough, has also claimed that he found no reference to Tumblety in the ledgers. A thought I'm having is, “Mc Grath“ is referenced in the ledgers not directly as a suspect, it only says "in connection with the Whitechapel murders“. Can it be that Magrath was questioned by the MET as a witness/informant pertaining to Tumblety, IF he happened to know Tumblety? This would make much more sense than to conjecture another painter as a Ripper suspect!
        I can't wait to finish Examiner 2, so as to read about the latest information on Tumblety. Perhaps it says whom he knew in London.
        Can someone tell me if my above assumptions about the “suspects“ referred in the SB ledgers are correct?
        Thank you
        Last edited by mariab; 08-08-2010, 11:04 AM.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

Working...
        X