Serial Killers, A pattern???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skirting the issue

Hello Corey. Notice that, in the cases of Liz and Mary Jane, the skirts are left alone. Now why is that? Hmmm. Interesting.

The best.
    LC

Comment

Kelly

As I am sure, I think that kelly was only wearing a chemise, so there would be no skirt to life, In Liz there was no mutilation, so no reason to lift the skirt in the first place.

yours truly
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello E.

"Maybe if Jack did kill Liz he strolls into the yard, sees what is going on, and stops it. Then Liz takes out the cachous expecting a business transaction to take place, and is caught off guard."

Well, could be. I'd wonder about the problem of distance since the altercation began near the gates. Liz seems to have fallen from BSM just inside the gates. She needs to shift another 8-10 feet towards the kitchen door. That is not an insurmountable problem. The violence escalates and they go further up towards the door. Jack sees what's happening and shoos off BS man.

Now, it seems natural that Jack, in coming into the yard and getting rid of BSM would be standing east of Liz, whilst she is to the west. He produces the cachous, then strangles and cuts. The problem is that he needs to be slightly behind her and to her right for this to happen.

But I shall say no more so as not to hijack Corey's thread. But this might be great fun on the Stride thread.

The best.
        LC
        Right you are. Never my intention to hijack his thread, just a thought I had while reading. I have posted a thread with that theory under "Jack- The White Knight".

Comment

ago paenitentiam

Hello E. Actually, it is MY bad habit to hijack threads, so I was being self referential.

The best.
          LC

Comment

Martha

Hello Corey.

"In Liz there was no mutilation, so no reason to lift the skirt in the first place."

But isn't that true also of Martha? Yet her skirt was up.

The best.
            LC

Comment

Martha

That was probally due to intercoarse that most likely prospired and as I said again and again I believe she was mutilated. 39 stab wounds, a fit way to mutilate.

Yours truly
              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

connection

Hello Corey. All the Whitechapel decedents were checked for that. There was no sign of "connection."

The best.
                LC

Comment

Not all sexual contact leave signs of "connection".

As for the cachous in Strides' hand it only suggests she saw no immediate danger to herself.

Comment

example

Hello Jason. That may possibly be so. And, of course, an old person's memory may be expected to fail in such matters. But it seems that the laws of biology are roughly the same over time. So, perhaps you could adduce an example of connection without any signs of it?

The best.
                    LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Hello Jason. That may possibly be so. And, of course, an old person's memory may be expected to fail in such matters. But it seems that the laws of biology are roughly the same over time. So, perhaps you could adduce an example of connection without any signs of it?

The best.
                      LC
                      You might want to ask Bill Clinton.

c.d.

Comment

Not to suggest that medicine was in a primitive state at the time, or that the examinations of the victims weren't well executed, but I wonder how apparent the "signs of connection" might or might not have been in 1888, especially considering the degree of mutilations. Also considering that these women were prostitutes and might have "connected" with more than one man in the hours recently preceding their deaths.

Comment

Since some victims had parts of the external and internal genitalia damaged, I dont know that they could in every case conclude anything about a possible connection other that by whether or not semen was present.

cd's joke is perhaps applicable, did they test those victims clothing for the presence of semen? I dont know personally, but I highly doubt that anything but a visual inspection was made of the clothing.

Best regards all.

Comment

what's the connection?

Hello CD and Mike. Stomach contents were analyzed as well as thighs. Those wise old doctors knew what to look for.

Of course, it may have been worthwhile to have looked inside Jack's trousers as he cut away at the ladies, but that's not exactly connection--in the usual sense at least.

The best.
                            LC

Comment

Hi Perry/Michael...

As blood typing was only developed around 1901 or so, even if they had found Jack's blood at the scene (or other body fluids as you mention), they would have had a difficult time proving that they were his.

And, it was not until the mid-1920s or so, that the Japanese scientist, Saburo Sirai, found that blood was not required to determine blood type, i.e., many people secrete blood group-specific antigens into other bodily fluids.

So, other than knowing that those fuids were there, and common sense guesses as to what fluids they were and if they were human or animal, they could not have gone much further than that.
                              Cheers,
                              cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
                                Hi Perry/Michael...

As blood typing was only developed around 1901 or so, even if they had found Jack's blood at the scene (or other body fluids as you mention), they would have had a difficult time proving that they were his.

And, it was not until the mid-1920s or so, that the Japanese scientist, Saburo Sirai, found that blood was not required to determine blood type, i.e., many people secrete blood group-specific antigens into other bodily fluids.

So, other than knowing that those fuids were there, and common sense guesses as to what fluids they were and if they were human or animal, they could not have gone much further than that.
                                So we agree on that point Capps.....and hello to you by the way, nice to see you ...the liklihood that they could have definitely stated that no connection had occurred is minimal at best. If it was stated that none occurred, it means they did not detect anything.

My best Capps....Happy Holidays too.

Comment

Working...
                                X