MJK3: Is that a knife? or ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
    Just to clarify. I think in recent times Mr Woods has backed away from the article he wrote 9-10 years ago. At least as of last year his posts on the subject were that this photo is a fake.

On one hand I do believe that they could have found a knife and then tried to keep the information private but on the other I cannot see how it wouldn't have been mentioned at all, somewhere, in one of the secret police files. I mean, multiple police were there, photographers, medicos, if all those people were around and saw it surely there would have been rumors or stories leaked of a knife found.

Because of this I simply have to believe this is an optical illusion.
    In which way(s) do you see it being illusory?
    Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Anothern.
      Last edited by Digalittledeeperwatson; 10-08-2015, 07:58 AM. Reason: stupid pic is missing. Quit being so nosey. heh heh heh
      Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
        In which way(s) do you see it being illusory?
        Simply in the sense that while something in there appears to be flat and brighter in parts there's no way of telling what it actually is and it might simply be shadows and reflections of light playing tricks with people's sight. It could also be slight defects from developing the photo.

Comment

Aaargh...
          Attached Files
          Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Hi Dane_F,

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since I wrote my Enigmas of Millers Court article in December 2005.

Almost ten years on I can tell you two things—

MJK3 is not the obverse of MJK1.

MJK3 was not taken in Room 13 on 9th November 1888.

This and other matters will be discussed in the second edition of "Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders."

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how many people put something they don't like down to optical illusion...
              I'm so glad I trust my eyesight lol
              Good job they didn't bother photographing the GSG, wouldn't be seen by many I suspect lol
              You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                Hi Dane_F,

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since I wrote my Enigmas of Millers Court article in December 2005.

This and other matters will be discussed in the second edition of "Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders."

Regards,

Simon
                Seemed that you were leaning that way towards the end of the dissertation anyway Simon with the questions you posed.... Had to be either fake or taken with artificial light possibly well before the discovery?
                But where does this leave MJK2? Could that also be 'touched up '? It's either a totally independent photo to MJK1 shown by the flash position on the wall or its been brushed.The digital copy is well brushed, even the creases have gone
                Certainly seems to have taken over from MJK1 for no obvious reason.I do hope Donald Rumbelows find is still in existence...

Comment

Hi Packers Stem,

I wouldn't get too hung up about MJK1 and MJK2.

They are essentially the same photograph with nothing of interest [except, perhaps, the choice of initials and baphomets] to differentiate them.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

I did some further analysis of the photo and combined that with some outside the boxing thinking and was able to determine it's not a knife, but a machine gun.

Comment

Hi Dane_F,

Regards,

Simon
                      Hi Simon,
                      A scone book? Are you not worried that all could be obselete now that Mr Robinson's has hit the stands?

Comment

Hi Spyglass,

I'm not sure that I'm baking a scone book.

Mr. Robinson affords me nights of restful, untroubled sleep.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Packers Stem,

I wouldn't get too hung up about MJK1 and MJK2.

They are essentially the same photograph with nothing of interest [except, perhaps, the choice of initials and baphomets] to differentiate them.

Regards,

Simon
                          Hi Simon
                          Interesting choice of the word baphomet, yep more than a few of them
                          Can't dismiss the photos though I'm afraid until I've got a satisfactory explanation set in my own mind as to why the signature of a world famous artist is on MJK1 but not 2. Not any old world famous artist..Noooooo just happened to be this one lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Packers Stem,

Wow!

It looks suspiciously like an Elastoplast or Band Aid.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Packers Stem,

Wow!

Regards,

Simon
                              With a dwarfish face behind it!

C4

Comment

Hi Packers Stem,

Wow!

Regards,

Simon
                                Treat it like a highlighter pen Simon, did it that way so people could spot it.Fact is its there....smack in the middle of the partition wall in MJK1.... Question is why?
                                Here's the original minus band aid
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X