I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
    I seriously cannot see why so many posters to this forum, people whose posts and opinions I have read and respected for many years, are falling for this crap.
    Pierre's nonsense is the biggest wind-up since the last time Big Ben stopped ticking. Can't you see he's having a laugh? Can't you see that he is, on a forum which over the years has had more than its fair share of trolls, the troll de la troll? He just sends in post after weird post, in his strange and (I say it again) semi-mystical style, and there you all are, lapping it up. Get real, folks! Pierre (if that is indeed his name, and I'm certain it isn't) is simply taking you all for a ride, and he's laughing up his sleeve as he does so. He no more knows the identity of Jack The Ripper than I know who's going to win the Rugby World Cup.

Graham
    I completely agree. I'm just curious how far it will go and I have found the interactions here among the long time posters over this thread to be interesting. Plus since he keeps mentioning science (doing it in the name of, claiming to be a, etc), I thought someone should just go ahead and bite. Figured he would have a better answer at the ready.
    I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
      I must have missed that, caz. I recall him making a point about hoping he's wrong and people will not be happy....thus I assumed it was someone known to history.
      History doesn´t know people. Historical people know other historical people. And historical people often become forgotten people.

Do you really think noone knew who Jack the Ripper was in his own time?

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        No. I´m a scientist.
        Regards Pierre
        Were Neutrinos responsible for the Jack the Ripper murders?

I have a theory that Cathrine Endows was seeking to solve the mystery of the universe when she turned left into Bishops Gate

I think she met with a nuclear scientist when she met him at Aldgate

But were her sub atomic participle registered by a City PC?

As MacNaughten says 'City PC'

But could PC really mean 'Police Constable'?

Its all very mysterious

Great to have you aboard, you should communicate well with the average member of casebook

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Pierre,

first off, like a lot of posters on this forum, I've been around far too long to fall for the kind of bollocks you're slapping on us here. Second, your attitude, your weird syntax, your whole persona, such as it is, remind me of someone who tried this same crazy game on this same forum many years ago. If you are that person, then please own up. Thirdly, you are by no means the first troll on this forum who seems, for strange personality reasons I do not pretend to understand, to like to try and convince other, more honest, posters, that you know something that we don't. I think you are a total and complete fraud, and if you care to preserve at least some self-respect, then please stop this nonsense right now. Your last post, prior to this, is just utter nonsensical bullshit and you know it. So please stop. Go and have a cold shower and a couple of beers, but please, PLEASE, bugger off. And get a life, preferably somewhere far away from this forum.

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
            Were Neutrinos responsible for the Jack the Ripper murders?

I have a theory that Cathrine Endows was seeking to solve the mystery of the universe when she turned left into Bishops Gate

I think she met with a nuclear scientist when she met him at Aldgate

But were her sub atomic participle registered by a City PC?

As MacNaughten says 'City PC'

But could PC really mean 'Police Constable'?

Its all very mysterious

Great to have you aboard, you should communicate well with the average member of casebook

Yours Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Maybe Catherine Endowes did...not necessarily Catherine Eddowes.

To bad there is no mention of a "tardis" being seen.

Maybe someone reported a mechanical figure destroying one of the ladies. A "dalek" for example. Maybe Letchmere, Hutchinson, or Schwartz noticed it but was too scared to say so.

Have a pleasant day in this portion of the universe.

The other Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
              Pierre, could you be a little bit more specific on that? Psychology? Physics? A biologist? Library science? Crowd-science? Doing some PAR or participatory monitoring? Just curious. I do not mean to overstep your comfortable boundaries or pry much.
              I vote for a psychologist studying "ripperologists", perhaps for a thesis.

I say this as a person qualified in library science, BTW.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

• Semantics...

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                History doesn´t know people. Historical people know other historical people. And historical people often become forgotten people.

Do you really think noone knew who Jack the Ripper was in his own time?

Pierre
                That's kind of a tricky question, Pierre. Do you mean knew him as his everyday self, whether he was important or unimportant? Or knew that he was "Jack the Ripper"?

Of course people are known by other people, by family, friends, etc. That is true, no matter which era of time we're discussing.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

• Guys,

please, PLEASE, stop humoring this person! He knows no more about the identity of The Ripper than I do about...well, what the Queen wears in bed at night. He is a complete and total WIND-UP! He is LAUGHING AT YOU!

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    Guys,

please, PLEASE, stop humoring this person! He knows no more about the identity of The Ripper than I do about...well, what the Queen wears in bed at night. He is a complete and total WIND-UP! He is LAUGHING AT YOU!

Graham
                    Her Maj wear a nighty, about knee length.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi All,

I'm with Graham.

Regards,

Simon
                      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi All,

I'm with Graham.

Regards,

Simon
                        Where are yous at
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Make your mind up time.................

Hi,

No, the data isn´t DNA. I am not a natural scientist.

Pierre

Hi Amanda,

No. I´m a scientist.

Regards Pierre

Scientist or not, Pierre ?
                          "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock Houses View Post
                            Scientist or not, Pierre ?
                            There is a difference between "Natural Scientist" and Scientist.

Now Pierre seems a little hesitant to tell us just what sort of scientist he is.
                            G U T

Comment

• Pierre, i guess it would be like asking if the narco kingpins who ran Juarez Mexico these last decades knew who th maquila factory murderer was?

i wonder how much "the other side" may have known. Or how much incentive they would have had to catch him themselves? In addition to cops Would he have also had to evade gangs, thugs, pimps, slumlords and the streetwise?
                              there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                                Pierre, i guess it would be like asking if the narco kingpins who ran Juarez Mexico these last decades knew who th maquila factory murderer was?
                                Or what you refer to as a "guess" is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X