Jack the Ripper-The real truth 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    I think you need to take it up with Amazon it would appear that everyone is now getting what they ordered. The free update is what Amazon offer its nothing to do with me, or my book. I am sorry you are having these problems

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    Hi Trevor,

Herlock has got the right copy, so It's obviously an Amazon issue.
    I have checked and the copy held in my central account is the 2017 version, I will take it up with them next week, after the East End Conference.

Funnily enough there was an update to Cornwall's last book, which came ok this week, seems the system is not working correctly on all accounts and all books.

Such is life
    Thanks for your efforts anyway

Steve

Comment

I think you need to take it up with Amazon it would appear that everyone is now getting what they ordered. The free update is what Amazon offer its nothing to do with me, or my book. I am sorry you are having these problems

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      I can't see that I could do any more than completely deleting Kindle from my laptop, downloading a completely new version and then buying the book, which still came through for the fifth time as the old version. I am not trying to update an older version I am trying to buy the brand new Kindle version. I see one person says they have the 2018 version, no one else has said anything apart from Steve who seems to be having the same problems as me.

Comment

I have the 2018 version, Debs. Mind you, I didn't have the earlier edition on my Kindle to begin with.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          I have the 2018 version, Debs. Mind you, I didn't have the earlier edition on my Kindle to begin with.
          I think that is the issue Gareth, those who didnt have the old version, you and mike for instance are able to get the new version, those of us who did seem for some starnge reason not to be able to.

the only option seems to be to delete it from the central account, held by Amazon, and then rebuy it, although When Debs returns her copies, that should have the same effect and it has not.

Needs to be addressed by Amazon and sorted, after the weekend, if its still the same i will have a go.

Steve

Comment

Sorted

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
            I think that is the issue Gareth, those who didnt have the old version, you and mike for instance are able to get the new version, those of us who did seem for some starnge reason not to be able to.

the only option seems to be to delete it from the central account, held by Amazon, and then rebuy it, although When Debs returns her copies, that should have the same effect and it has not.

Needs to be addressed by Amazon and sorted, after the weekend, if its still the same i will have a go.

Steve
            I used the chat facility on my account, they updated for me in 30 seconds.
            Then delete from device and redownload.

Steve
            Last edited by Elamarna; 11-01-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              Thanks, Gareth. I haven't had the earlier edition on my Kindle for quite a while, that's why I had to buy the updated edition in the first place. I originally bought this latest edition using a link to Amazon provided by Trevor when he announced it. He thought it was the updated version but it was not and I've had problems ever since then. I've returned five bought books now and that removes them completely from Kindle, I have also deleted my Kindle app and downloaded a newer version and bought the book and still got the old version.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of are issues with regions when publishing.
                Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                  HS. Yes, as long as that 2018 date appears on the copyright page at the beginning of your Kindle download it is the updated one. The preview version on Amazon is dated 2018 but that isn't the version that I, and apparently Steve, have been getting when we buy the book.

Originally Trevor mentioned that there was a free update available for those already with the book but I have automatic updates enabled and there's nothing doing there either.
                  I think there’s a conspiracy to prevent you reading the book Debra
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                    The only other thing I can think of are issues with regions when publishing.
                    certainly something easily corrected Batman, I can now reads Trevors work, on my coach trip.

Steve

Comment

I took Steve's advice and contacted Amazon on chat and 40 mins later and lots of deleting and downloading I have finally bought the updated edition. It better be bleedin' worth it now Trevor!

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                        I took Steve's advice and contacted Amazon on chat and 40 mins later and lots of deleting and downloading I have finally bought the updated edition. It better be bleedin' worth it now Trevor!
                        Well I think it is, but maybe I am biased and i am sure you will give it your unbiased review of all the new material.

Comment

Well I think it is, but maybe I am biased and i am sure you will give it your unbiased review of all the new material.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                          That Debs' review, should she choose to give one, will be informed and unbiased goes without saying.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                            That Debs' review, should she choose to give one, will be informed and unbiased goes without saying.
                            To be fair it matters not to me, whatever review anyone gives will be their own personal one, which they are entitled to give, and bearing in mind the results of my investigation to date have always been regarded as contentious, and readily dismissed by a small minority I expect that status quo to be maintained by that small minority.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              Well so far you get zero points for not correcting past errors!
                              I know I mentioned to you after the last edition that the Scots Guards were in Dublin in late 1888 as Barnett said. I posted an image to JTRForums from a 2nd Battalion Scots Guard soldier's record which showed they was stationed in Dublin when MJK was murdered. Their leaving England for Ireland was announced in the papers.
                              Last edited by Debra A; 11-01-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                                Thanks for that, Gary. I always try to look at a theory on its own merits and make my conclusions based on how convincing the evidence for an idea is and how counterpoints to a theory are addressed.
                                Last edited by Debra A; 11-01-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X