Jack the Ripper-The real truth 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Is it ok to order Trevor’s new book on Kindle now?
    Well I have made a purchase and its all ok with what I downloaded

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Thanks for fixing it Trevor. Will read on my coach trip from Glasgow Thursday night for East End Conference.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        Trevor, can you give a Kindle location for one of the new bits of information? All you do is highlight a part of a sentence from a new section and press copy. Paste that in a post and it will give a location that I can check in my copy to see if I have the new version or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
          Trevor, can you give a Kindle location for one of the new bits of information? All you do is highlight a part of a sentence from a new section and press copy. Paste that in a post and it will give a location that I can check in my copy to see if I have the new version or not.
          I cannot give you any Kindle locations, Debs, but the updated edition should have c. 2013/2018 on the copyright page. The previous Kindle edition has c.2013/2017. The new edition also has some stuff about a knife and Gladstone bag - both are pictured about the middle of chapter four - that Patricia and I and the lovely Prof Turi King went to see. For some reason it was supposed to have belonged to Sickert, though there was nothing to show that it had. Patricia and I felt that it was probably a wild goose chase, but were aware of the criticism that would come her way if she didn't at least get it checked out. Turi was the best and very professional, but both bag and knife would have been too contaminated to make DNA testing worthwhile. If you can find something about that in chapter 4, you have the new edition.

Comment

Thanks, Paul. Although the Kindle preview has the 2013/2018 date, the version I have just bought, on Kindle for the fourth time is still the 2017 edition.

I've also checked that automatic updates is turned on as Trevor said in his initial post that any old Kindle editions would be automatically updated. I haven't been able to buy a new version or update the old version it keeps sending me.

Anyone else had success with Kindle yet?
            Last edited by Debra A; 10-31-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Did you delete it first and download again?
              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                Did you delete it first and download again?
                I sent all four of the ones I've bought over the last two days back and that removes them from Kindle.

Comment

This is the first time that I’ve ever bought a book on Kindle and it appears to have been successful. Copyright 2013/2018. I think this is the correct book?
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I sent all four of the ones I've bought over the last two days back and that removes them from Kindle.
                    Sounds like it's still in your cache. I think a hard delete or cache clearing and download again is how I solve these on my mine. Also update Kindle.

Comment

Sounds like it's still in your cache. I think a hard delete or cache clearing and download again is how I solve these on my mine. Also update Kindle.
                      Thanks Batman. I've done all that. I also uninstalled the Kindle App completely after deleting the old version of the book and installed the latest version of Kindle, bought the book again and still got the old version.
                      I'm not technically minded enough to know what to do next to get it. I'll have to leave it at that unless Trevor wants to send me the updates himself.

Comment

All the best with the new book Trevor!

Comment

Thanks Batman. I've done all that. I also uninstalled the Kindle App completely after deleting the old version of the book and installed the latest version of Kindle, bought the book again and still got the old version.
                          I'm not technically minded enough to know what to do next to get it. I'll have to leave it at that unless Trevor wants to send me the updates himself.
                          That's very strange indeed. Sorry, it didn't help.

Comment

That's very strange indeed. Sorry, it didn't help.
                            I think it is a problem for those who had the old version, I am having exactly the same Issue as Debra.
                            looks as if the only way to fix it is to delete it from the actual kindle central library, then repurchase. thus paying a second time.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              This is the first time that I’ve ever bought a book on Kindle and it appears to have been successful. Copyright 2013/2018. I think this is the correct book?
                              HS. Yes, as long as that 2018 date appears on the copyright page at the beginning of your Kindle download it is the updated one. The preview version on Amazon is dated 2018 but that isn't the version that I, and apparently Steve, have been getting when we buy the book.

Originally Trevor mentioned that there was a free update available for those already with the book but I have automatic updates enabled and there's nothing doing there either.

Comment

HS. Yes, as long as that 2018 date appears on the copyright page at the beginning of your Kindle download it is the updated one. The preview version on Amazon is dated 2018 but that isn't the version that I, and apparently Steve, have been getting when we buy the book.

Originally Trevor mentioned that there was a free update available for those already with the book but I have automatic updates enabled and there's nothing doing there either.
                                I think you need to take it up with Amazon it would appear that everyone is now getting what they ordered. The free update is what Amazon offer its nothing to do with me, or my book. I am sorry you are having these problems

Comment

Working...
                                X