No announcement yet.

Polly Nichols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well. It was good while it lasted. Have you heard "Malted Milk" by Robert Johnson by the way? Maybe milk and booze do mix.

Best wishes,
    Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Luke and Steven. Here it is. It is from "Lloyd's Weekly" for September 2, 1888.

Cheers.
      LC
      Cheers for that, Lynn.

Comment

Sugden

Hello Steven. Thanks. Seems I remember that also in Sugden--debunked, of course.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Thanks for the article Lynn.
          I was wondering what you guys think of Jacks modus operandi with polly.
          After reading the report of Dr. Llewellyn i pictured the Ripper must have hold pollys face from behind most likely with his right hand (since here was a bruise on the right side of her face).
          if this theory wa true, then he mist have slit her throwt with the knife in his left hand. Any thoughts on that?
          " The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. "

Albert Einstein

Comment

Lack of blood on her breast ...

Hello All –

I believe that the reference to lack on blood on the breast is intended to point to the fact that the victim was probably not upright when the throat was cut. In other words, the victim was lying on the ground when the throat was severed.

Edward

Comment

problem?

Hello Luke. Is there any particular problem with strangling her and then cutting her throat with the right hand?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Chokehold to unconsciousness...

Hi Luke and Lynn,

I think he throttled her from the front while simultaneously forcing her to the ground. Once prone, he probably used his left hand to turn her face upward and toward the stables for an - arterial spray toward the fence - throat cutting. His left thumb would have been on the right cheek at this point. After slicing, he performed it once again for good measure or in an attempt to completely remove her head. This is where I think the evidence leads……..what little there is………

Greg

Comment

Working...
                X