No announcement yet.

Eliminate the impossible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince Eddy was out of the country during the murders.
    Prince Eddy was in this country - but not in London.

Interesting idea for a thread though.

Regards, Bridewell.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
      Prince Eddy was in this country - but not in London.

Interesting idea for a thread though.

Regards, Bridewell.
      And you are right, of course. Somehow I thought I read he was in Scotland part of the time...

God Bless

Raven Darkendale
      And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

Cream

Hello Raven. Thanks. That was an interesting story.

The "doubles" story never caught my fancy, even though I was a Cream supporter a few decades back.

Just hope Cream never suffered a thrombosis. Then he should have been a clotted cream (heh-heh)

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Just hope Cream never suffered a thrombosis. Then he should have been a clotted cream (heh-heh)

Cheers.
          LC
          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Raven. Thanks. That was an interesting story.

The "doubles" story never caught my fancy, even though I was a Cream supporter a few decades back.

Cheers.
            LC
            What sort of scones and biscuits do you think they would've served at a tea for Dr "Clotted" Cream? Perhaps spook scones and "death by chocolate" biscuits. Tea made from Deadly Nightshade perhaps? Ha ha ha ha

Comment

jam

Hello Raven. Thanks. If Dr. Clotted Cream really had scones simultaneous with his thrombosis, he may have found himself in a real jam.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Well, I've been looking for a column to put this in for 3 days but I guess this one is as good as I'm going to find.

Can an investigator tell what the height of the perpetrator is from the angle of his knife when they analyze the cut throat?

In other words, if he is suspected to be standing up when he cut the throat, and he was really tall, like say, Tumblety, wouldn't the angle of the cut be different than if he was very short, like say Toulouse Lautrec.

Of course if they find vermilion on the throat instead of blood we then know it was Van Gogh and everybody else is innocent.
                Last edited by Beowulf; 09-18-2012, 03:47 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                  Well, I've been looking for a column to put this in for 3 days but I guess this one is as good as I'm going to find.

Can an investigator tell what the height of the perpetrator is from the angle of his knife when they analyze the cut throat?

In other words, if he is suspected to be standing up when he cut the throat, and he was really tall, like say, Tumblety, wouldn't the angle of the cut be different than if he was very short, like say Toulouse Lautrec.

Of course if they find vermilion on the throat instead of blood we then know it was Van Gogh and everybody else is innocent.
                  They can now. But it's not based on the angle of the cut on the neck, its based on the angle on the cut itself. For example, it's not how the cut curves around the neck. But when you cut anything, how you stand determines how the depth of the cut is angled. Standing of a sandwich, the cut will be perfectly perpendicular to the counter, will not angle left or right. Someone shorter cutting a throat, the cut will not be perfectly perpendicular to the spine, but will angle downward.

I don't think they took this into account back then, and so we don't have the information now.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    They can now. But it's not based on the angle of the cut on the neck, its based on the angle on the cut itself. For example, it's not how the cut curves around the neck. But when you cut anything, how you stand determines how the depth of the cut is angled. Standing of a sandwich, the cut will be perfectly perpendicular to the counter, will not angle left or right. Someone shorter cutting a throat, the cut will not be perfectly perpendicular to the spine, but will angle downward.

I don't think they took this into account back then, and so we don't have the information now.
                    That's really too bad. Would've been interesting if the height was 6', or whatever Tumblety was. I don't think there were a lot of people back then in the height category. I also don't remember too many reports of seeing someone that tall in the area, but if whoever Jack was snuck in last min style, well, who knows if anyone saw him, ever.

Might have been one more brick on the load to rule in or out. Darn.

Comment

@Errata

Would that really give height of killer? Were the victims standing, kneeling, lying down, etc. when their throat was cut. There are more variables there than just height of victim and height of killer. Direction of the cut can be due to the killer's personal choice, both of position, right, left,or front of throat, and from in front or behind the victim. The difference between left and right hand should be considered, and angle of the cut for maximum damage or bleeding.

There is a knife cut I have seen once, this one shallow, and so non-fatal, that they call "maximum destruction, one cut homicide", locally, anyhow. The cut starts under an ear severing carotid and jugular, down across the body getting the stomach aorta if possible, and ending in the femoral artery of the leg.

Comment

Working...
                      X