No announcement yet.

Possible Repercussions from Anderson Revealing the Ripper's Identity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Robert. But the problem is that he and his family completely disappear after the April 1891 census. And I can't say if they were there a couple of years earlier. I think the recorded birthplaces of the children indicate they had been in London since about 1870. Somebody may be able to trace them back earlier through voting records or whatever, but I can't. The possibility remains that they may have anglicized their last name as well.

Comment

Yes, it's very difficult. In fact it's bloody difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Actually Michael, I possibly have to correct myself. Perhaps I was thinking of the virtual flowers feature here :

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...GRid=135577377
        Haha. I love that.

It went from vandals desecrating his grave to trolls posting comments online.

Comment

Hi Harry

If Scott's right poor Aaron wasn't Jack at all, being at most a witness, if that. But tracing Isaac and family is a very tall order.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Hi Harry

If Scott's right poor Aaron wasn't Jack at all, being at most a witness, if that. But tracing Isaac and family is a very tall order.
            I was just amused by the bathos, Robert, s'all.

Where Kosminski's concerned, I'm undecided. He's referenced by three senior policemen, and you'd like to think they had sufficient grounds for suspecting him other than him being an oddball who liked to jerk his gherkin in public. And there's the small matter of the alleged identification, which I believe happened, but the circumstances are no less puzzling.

Comment

Hi Harry

Well, it's Ripperworld - nothing is ever straightforward or simple.

Comment

Working...
              X