Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Gareth
    You've made a somewhat schoolboy error with your geometric calculations I fear .
    You seem to have forgotten that in order to place the camera and cameraman in a position to take MJK3 the bed and , as consequence , the table , had to be moved .
    Comparisons between any assumed 'landmarks' are completely irrelevant
    Why did they bother preserving the alignment between garter, mystery (not) object, the bedside table and and the viscera piled on it? To say nothing of moving the puffed up bolt of cloth that rears up so prominently between Kelly's left hand and her knee in MJK1, and which is, no doubt about it, visible from the reverse angle in MJK3.

Fact is, neither the table nor the bed was moved. The camera was almost certainly perched on that rolled up blanket (or whatever it was) behind Kelly's right leg, which would explain why the latter is so much in the foreground and slightly fuzzy in MJK3.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
      The wider angle will cover her left knee.
      The wider angle would also put the entire front edge of the bedside table in shot, but we don't see any of it.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Reckon I'll go along with Paul Begg on the bed being moved after the first photo of Mary Ann Kelly.
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
          Reckon I'll go along with Paul Begg on the bed being moved after the first photo of Mary Ann Kelly.
          The only reason to imagine that the bed was moved is if one interprets the mystery object in MJK3 as the left knee. Once one realises that the "mystery object" is the bolt of cloth viewed head-on, it all makes sense and everything aligns perfectly. There's no reason to have the bed moved - or the left leg, for that matter, because that also would have to have been moved in order to get the knee into that position.

Another thing to consider. If some effort had been expended in order to get the left knee into shot, why do we see such little detail on it, when everything closer to us - and beyond - can be made out so clearly? The answer is simple: there's nothing of interest to see because that object is merely a bland piece of cloth.

Full disclosure. If you look at my early posts (pre-2009 or so), you'll find that I, too, used to think that the "mystery object" was the left knee. Then I thought it through.
          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 10-31-2018, 01:39 AM.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• The left knee has moved.
            It became higher in relation to the table's height.
            Reckon your "mystery object" is part of Mary's chemise.
            Have no idea what this has to do with OP.

Comment

The left knee has moved.
              A. No it hasn't. It's simply out of shot.

B. Why move it anyway, if there's nothing to see?
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

You may well be right.
                It's an old thread, and old threads have a tendency to unravel
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Why did they bother preserving the alignment between garter, mystery (not) object, the bedside table and and the viscera piled on it? To say nothing of moving the puffed up bolt of cloth that rears up so prominently between Kelly's left hand and her knee in MJK1, and which is, no doubt about it, visible from the reverse angle in MJK3.

Fact is, neither the table nor the bed was moved. The camera was almost certainly perched on that rolled up blanket (or whatever it was) behind Kelly's right leg, which would explain why the latter is so much in the foreground and slightly fuzzy in MJK3.
                  Cameras needed to be steady
                  They weren't hand held and balancing it on a bed sheet doesn't cut it at all .It would have been on a tripod as shown in depictions of the photographer in the room .
                  The bed would have been pushed , the table would have moved with it .
                  The contents of the bed and table would have remained ..... the angles wouldn't
                  You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

A. No it hasn't. It's simply out of shot.

B. Why move it anyway, if there's nothing to see?
                    Reckon the police covered Mary up after the first photo.

The photographer then offered them a 3 for 2 deal,so they uncovered the knee again and moved the bed and table.

This thread is not the only thing unraveling around here.

Comment

The wider angle would also put the entire front edge of the bedside table in shot, but we don't see any of it.
                      Even if this were true, you still selected lines that are wrong because they don't incorporate parts of her right leg in the shot. So you selected the point that is on her leg to try and capture the table, forgoing that the image doesn't capture her right leg properly.

So what you did, by selecting one over the other, didn't make anything more correct and certainly can't be used to make big claims like "for 100% certainty that's not her left knee".

What you should have actually concluded from 'lines' is that something may have changed about the shot's contents or your methodology is incorrect, instead of omitting part of her body (which is what your lines did to her right leg).

As I have said since the start, there is good evidence they disturbed the crime scene. We know this from their very own account of entering the room and examining it. You have not considered this.

We have no professional sources doubting it's her left knee. None.

However, we don't have to worry about the bed moving, as this variable will not impact a 3D recreation of the image of her on the bed. It will only impact 2D recreations.

The 3D recreation falsifies the claim that it's anatomically impossible/camera angle impossible.

Here it is again -> https://i.imgur.com/QRlL94h.gif

Both not only possible but accurate.

Her pelvic girdle and several points of it ( pubic arch, pubic symphysis and pubic tubercle ) can be lined up with a female human skeleton/body. That's anatomically correct.

Also, the sheets have already been identified in both shots.

There is no sheet over her left leg. The emulsion on the picture has rubbed off. It doesn't look like a sheet compared to the sheets on the bed. Those are muscles and ligaments. You can even make out part of adductor longus.

Furthermore, if you look closely at the top of her left knee you can see the skin still on it. https://imgur.com/a/69WfItX and just below the skin you can see the cut through the epidermis, dermis, hypodermis and is through the connective tissue into muscle. That's no sheet.
                      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

The left knee has moved.
                        It became higher in relation to the table's height.
                        Exactly, it's an irrelevant detour from the point that Mary Jane Kelly is posed like Eddowes and that the chances of a copycat getting this right are slim.

Any explanation that one leg being raised up more than the other (which is also raised) are just artifacts of his ripping her can be discounted because Eddowes was ripped with him on her right side and with Kelly he was on the left side.

Even have his bloody fingerprints on her right calf as he moved them into place.
                        Last edited by Batman; 10-31-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• I may be wrong, but I believe I read somewhere on the board that Trevor Marriott has up-dated his book and has a suspect for the MJK murder. I'm not sure if that is a stand-alone suspect or not.

Comment

• I believe that the body was flipped from its right side onto her back, and then moved to the center of the bed...likely by the killer... and her left hand was placed back over her abdomen after he had essentially emptied it. That's the extent of the "posing" that I can see.

The incremental angle differences being discussed and the suggestion that the body position was intentionally created like Eddowes was...a theory for which there is no proof by the way..and the mention of left side/right side positioning of the respective killers are just minute aspects of the greater thread question.

Intimate indoor setting, victim killed in bed, dead end courtyard, 15 years younger a victim, far more violent actions without the hint of purpose, victim known to be behind in the rent because she didn't go out soliciting often, rain, lights out and room quiet before 1:30am, mutilated beyond easy recognition, " 'air and eyes", ...something unique again...access to body inhibited by locked room scenario, the uterus..the only organ taken twice before, left behind.

This would be a dramatic departure from Polly and Annies murders, the only 2 that make absolute sense to group together. And more importantly, without the prior focus.

A child with paint on his hands can create art quite similar to modern art painters with extensive training.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                              I believe that the body was flipped from its right side onto her back, and then moved to the center of the bed...likely by the killer... and her left hand was placed back over her abdomen after he had essentially emptied it. That's the extent of the "posing" that I can see.
                              JtRs bloody fingerprints are on her calf. This is congruent with him having very blood hands before holding her leg by calf.

The incremental angle differences being discussed and the suggestion that the body position was intentionally created like Eddowes was...a theory for which there is no proof by the way..and the mention of left side/right side positioning of the respective killers are just minute aspects of the greater thread question.
                              They are still facts about the body's positions. Tabram, Eddows and Kelly were certainly in this position. Nichols was disturbed by the witnesses who found her. Stride looks likely to have been somewhat disturbed.

This matched Kelly. Nearly everything in the image is the same (head and legs), except her left hand was placed into her eviscerated trunk and her right arm maybe drawn in more.

Intimate indoor setting,
                              Tabram was semi-indoors.

dead end courtyard,
                              Chapman was murdered in a dead end backyard. Eddows in a square which would have captured him if two entrances were blocked off.

15 years younger a victim,
                              Yet still the same victimology except for age. The same type of alcoholic unfortunate. Time and location also fit.

far more violent actions without the hint of purpose,
                              Each of the others is more violent than the last except for Stride. This is called escalation in criminology.

victim known to be behind in the rent because she didn't go out soliciting often,
                              Or she was drinking away her rent money like most of them were doing.

rain, lights out and room quiet before 1:30am,
                              Probably with her murderer and quite drunk.

mutilated beyond easy recognition, " 'air and eyes", ...something unique again...access to body inhibited by locked room scenario, the uterus..the only organ taken twice before, left behind.
                              Mary Jane Kelly opened the door for her clients. It locks when you close it. One reason for not harvesting is that he thought he might get caught with things this time or was nearly caught with them with Eddowes.

This would be a dramatic departure from Polly and Annies murders, the only 2 that make absolute sense to group together. And more importantly, without the prior focus.
                              Escalation can explain it.

A child with paint on his hands can create art quite similar to modern art painters with extensive training.
                              Yeah and then they wouldn't have escalated anything and taken away organs. They would have copied it, not escalated it.

Comment

• Hi,
                                I read once that Mary had the string system on her door. something about it told her friends whether she was in, or out.
                                Anyone remember reading something similar?
                                Regards Richard.

Comment

Working...
                                X