ID:	656552

Click image for larger version

Name:	48492_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	656553

You may recognise this from the game "Kingpin"

Comment

These are from SoF2 which uses jpegs as textures and can handle a much larger area in the map

The Dealey Plaza map is unfinished and will have much more detail in it...

Name:	1348-1121615040.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	656554

Name:	1826-1077630467.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	656555

Comment

This illustrates the detail available in Half-Life 2 maps (textures + lighting)...

Name:	10798-1093153386.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	656556

Comment

...and finally for now - Call of Duty maps which are very detailed and can have Whitechapel sized maps in them.......

Name:	3011-1087309597.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	656557

Name:	3011-1089660128.jpg
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	656558

Name:	3011-1089660323.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	656559

Name:	4938-1117963692.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	656560

Comment

So you can see that they cannot get anywhere near the photographic detail of Jake's rendered pictures, but the game engines are more than adequate
            for the purpose of 3D crime scenes

Comment

3d crime scenes

i have thought, since i have used it at work (school) that a programme we use (Kahootz) is very easy and could have possibilities. if i ever get that sort to spare time maybe, but if someone else was looking for a very easy way to create stuff - this is simple and fly throughs are a snap

Comment

Cool stuff, Nemo.

Mitch was working on this sort of thing last year, but I don't know the status of it. I know he showed us one of #29 Hanbury.

This would be an enormous project.

Pmerryman, I came across a 3D model on the 'net last year, but I couldn't find it just now.

I did find this nice Jana Oliver site, with a nice image. It may be on here but I don't remember this one:

Many of you might find it quite odd that a bunch of folks gather every year to talk about a serial killer from the 1880's. I admit it is a b...
                Last edited by Celesta; 03-21-2009, 06:35 PM.
                "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Thanks for the link Celesta

Comment

Yes.. Since then I have learned alot more about 3ds Max. I have been doing tutorials off youtube. People make them for all kinds of programs. I have a sort of a game engine I was planning on using for my scenes. Its a sort of an opengl .3ds file viewer. That way I can export my project from 3DS Max with ease. Not only that but I have the Delphi source files so that means I can do anything with the viewer. I could make things move. Add controls. Or whatever.

But as of late I have been working in my ham radio hobby as I finally have the equipment I need to design build and test my own circuits.

I will try to keep going on my idea though. I thought if I could make up a CD and copy and sell them for about $15 or $20 it might give me incentive to go full time on it. It does take ALOT of work. It might not be stunning but very usefull as a tool. Im thinking of adding more to the cd. Like a few homemade programs or something. There would be alot of writing involved too. Like instructions and explanations of how I put it all together.

Comment

Hi Mitch

I would always encourage people like yourself to keep going with the 3D design stuff

As for selling it though, bear in mind there are thousands of free objects available for download for games - known as prefabs - everything to put in the gameworld from complete buildings down to cigarette packets

I can't use those design programs myself but I have utilised the skills of people who can - to create objects for my map

Comment

the very thought of this idea (if accurate) is too exciting for words

Comment

Working...
                        X