Chapman's Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael

I've just realised that my 'brilliant theory' has a fatal flaw which makes it an absolutely rubbishy theory so I'd better shut up about it

Cheers to you.
    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

I dont know about that? Almost nothing is definate. There are alternative interpretations of many events that occured. Apart from the inquest testimony theres not much else to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
        Hi Michael

I've just realised that my 'brilliant theory' has a fatal flaw which makes it an absolutely rubbishy theory so I'd better shut up about it

Cheers to you.
        That's a pity. I was looking forward to reading it. Still don't want to share?
        http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
          That's a pity. I was looking forward to reading it. Still don't want to share?
          Oh OK. It was just a jokey explanation for how Richardson the shoe trimmer didn't see the body inches away from him when it should have been there and it involved a coach with the Royal Crest and a mad surgeon and poisoned grapes and a coachman who dumps the body in the garden after Richardson shuffled off to work. All very plausible of course but then I realised that, if that was the case, there would have been no blood spray on the fence. Curses, my brilliant theory is in tatters

Comment

blood...on the fence
            ...blood of which it might be impossible to conclusively prove that it was in any way related to the Ripper case due to lack of forensic knowledge maybe.
            In heaven I am a wild ox
            On earth I am a lion
            A jester from hell and shadows almighty
            The scientist of darkness
            Older than the constellations
            The mysterious jinx and the error in heaven's masterplan

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrider View Post
              ...blood of which it might be impossible to conclusively prove that it was in any way related to the Ripper case due to lack of forensic knowledge maybe.
              Hi Hellrider

The residents of 29 Hanbury St would have told the police if it had been there previously, and the spray seems to have been in line with Chapmans neck and the pooled blood.

Comment

Oh OK. It was just a jokey explanation for how Richardson the shoe trimmer didn't see the body inches away from him when it should have been there and it involved a coach with the Royal Crest and a mad surgeon and poisoned grapes and a coachman who dumps the body in the garden after Richardson shuffled off to work. All very plausible of course but then I realised that, if that was the case, there would have been no blood spray on the fence. Curses, my brilliant theory is in tatters
                Sadly another one crashes and burns Stephen...

On a less light note, in my mind I cannot see any justification for suggesting Richardson didnt see a body that was already there. I would have written an editorial if I was him to suggest that people who could even surmise as much were the real "blind ones."

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                  in my mind I cannot see any justification for suggesting Richardson didnt see a body that was already there.
                  Exactly, Michael

He couldn't have missed a body a few inches from his feet.

So was he Mr Magoo or was he telling porkie-pies.

I think he saw the body and assumed it was some deadbeat sleeping.

And afterwards denied he saw anything so as not to incriminate himself.

Not me, guv'nor. I never saw a thing.

Comment

Richardson only comes out with the cutting of the boot story at the inquest so there is some question about his credibility. There is also some question as to whether he was able to see the lock from a sitting position on the steps.

Richardson does say however, that he looked at the spot where Annie was found later that morning and he was sure he looked at that very spot while cutting the boot.

If Richardson doesnt see Annie lying there that doesnt mean Annie and JTR arent waiting to go in after Richardson leaves. He admits it was his habit as of late. They could have been hiding in the yard too.

Its probably like everyone thinks and Cadosch heard Annie fall but we will never be truly sure.

Comment

Damn. What a pity. Would have made a good movie, or even TV mini-series. Let's think of some actors who could have appeared. U'm, Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer, Johnny Depp. You could make some money.
                      http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Actually Cadosch's evidence makes sense, and it annoys me I didn't see that before. He hears 'no!' and then a few minutes later hears something touch the fence. Which, as pointed out above, could be the back door swinging out and catching the fence as the killer makes his escape. Putting the killer back on the streets at around 5.30 am.

Comment

It could have been the door. Cadosch said it sounded like a great packing case being propped against the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
                            Cadosch said it sounded like a great packing case being propped against the fence.
                            Good point, Roy - although he doesn't specifically describe the sound in precisely that way...

Foreman of jury: "It is not unusual to hear thumps against the palings?" Cadoche: "They are packing-case makers, and now and then there is a great case goes up against the palings." (Various papers, 20th Sept 1888)

... rather, he's giving an example of the sort of noises that he'd heard coming from the yard in the past.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

i see in Dr Phillips's statement at the inquest he said alot of the body parts(which 'Jack') removed,could not be traced.Would Jack have taken these,or did they find them at a later date?

thanks for any help,as you can see i am new to this and i need all the help i can get

Comment

Odd. I have always taken Long seeing the pair and Albert Cadosch hearing the "no" and the thud as being ~simpatico. One needs only to adjust the time a bit

Tis Phillips' TOD that confuses me a bit. But alas, there are factors that could account for him being off. Then again, it does seem strange to be that far off given the relatively short interval. . . .
                                "All science is either physics or stamp collecting" - Ernest Rutherford

Comment

Working...
                                X