Meredith Kercher case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travesty

Amanda Knox Documentary, Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8vV2...eature=related

I just watched this '48 Hours' documentary about the Knox case, and my head is spinning.

The prosecutor, Menini, is currently under criminal indictment for abusing the powers of his office, yet he was NOT asked to step down from this trial. Instead he is using it as a public platform to re-establish himself in the eyes of the Italian public.

He believes that 'Satanic Cults' are active all over the world and are actively conducting murderous 'Blood Rituals'.

The source of his information is a self-proclaimed Italian psychic who claims that she talks to the dead.

She claims to be informed of facts by a dead priest who is helping her to fight Satan.

(I am not kidding.)

This prosecutor believes that the serial killer known as 'The Monster of Florence' who killed 14 people was not a serial killer at all,
    but a Satanic Cult enacting 'Blood Sacrifices'.

(The murders were similar to the Zodiac Murders in the US; couple making out in parked cars were targeted.)

When the American author Preston & his Italian co-author came out with the book 'The Monster of Florence' which investigated the serial killer behind the 14 murders, Menini was outraged. He hauled both men into custody and subjected them to the same extreme interrogation methods that Amanda Knox was subjected to. He even accused them of being part of the 'Satanic Cult Conspiracy' which supposedly carried out all 14 murders! In this documentary the two men explain what their ordeal was like. It sounds like the Spanish Inquisition.

Menini and his psychic friend came up with the theory that Amanda, Raffaele and Guede killed Meredith
    during a "Satanic Sex and Blood Ritual Sacrifice", despite the fact that all the evidence points to Guede having acted alone.

Please watch this and share your thoughts. It's so far beyond outrageous that I think you will be stunned.

As for myself, I am ashamed that at first I assumed this girl was guilty because the Italian Police claimed to all have the evidence.
    Now I think the Italian judicial system is insane.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post

They were told that Amanda took a shower in a blood-spattered bathroom, making her look like a callous psychopath. They weren't shown what the bathroom actually looked like at the time.

This is bad, really really bad. I'm shocked.

Best regards, Archaic

Wow. I am just...wow. I knew the media was partly responsible for inflaming public opinion against her ...just like they do in frankly every sensational case, but that's downright despicably dishonest.

Frankly I guess I am not at all surprised she was convicted now if that's the mindset of the jurors going in. Who would listen to any evidence if you thought someone had gone in and taken a shower amongst that mess.

I do have to say I have always been of the mindset that most people convicted of crimes are guilty, but I admit this has thoroughly shaken my certainty about the ability of modern criminal procedures to eliminate error. The quotes from the prosecutors and everything....

Suddenly devoid of any desire to revisit Italy lest I be falsely accused, smeared by tabloids posing as journalism and at the mercy of some crazed prosecutor who prefers to grandstand and call the accused a whore rather than deal in facts.

And of course we cannot forget that Sollecito is caught up in this too, convicted on equally flimsy evidence but since he's no fun to play as a sex-crazed manipulative murderous she-devil, his fate is hardly worth mentioning.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

In addition, John, jury members were allowed to go home every evening where, presumably, they were exposed to the sensationalistic media coverage of the case.

Interestingly enough, Knox's aunt granted the BBC an interview immediately after the verdict was returned and revealed that Italian friends had guaranteed a conviction. Apparently, that's the way in which Italian jurisprudence functions. The real trial, according to these sources, begins with the appeal process.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Hi, Ally. I agree with what you just said.

I urge you to watch the full-length documentary I just posted, it will blow your mind.

Hi Gary. You are correct, Italian juries are permitted to watch television, read newspapers, even read the most extreme tabloids.

In Italy there is no 5th Amendment Right (the right to remain silent, the right to not incriminate oneself under pressure).

Court isn't held daily until the trial is over, but only on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
          There were months of twice-a-week testimony, then a TWO MONTH SUMMER VACATION right in the middle of the trial!
          I cannot believe that the EU permits this.

I always thought studying abroad was a wonderful idea...Maybe the US Justice Dept. and the Universities should brief every American student on all the rights they will no longer have when they live in a foreign country. Here I'm an adult and I had no idea the Italian system was so different.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Mignini has already been found not guilty in the abuse of power case against him. The case is under appeal.

As far as I can tell Mignini did not claim Meredith Kercher was killed during a Satanic ritual. He claimed the killing looked ritualistic, and noted it was on carried out on "Day of the Dead" day in Italy. This then was turned into "Satanic ritual killing" by the defendants lawyers, portraying Megnini as a loonatic. The only lawyers to have used the word Satanic were the defence lawyers

Comment

I've just found this excellent link to the case. It goes into great detail about the evidence.

It now seems as if there was an interpreter as Knox's Nov.5 questioning.

Comment

Reverse OJ

Mike
                huh?

Comment

Well I can't say I've been following the evidence in the case all that closely, and on reading this thread my initial reaction was 'here we go a bunch of typical yanks who believe those nasty europeans out to nail a poor defenceless US citizen on trumped up evidence or completely inept Inspector Clouseau type policing' after all we know every judicial system outside America is incompetent and corrupt don't we (especially when it comes to accusing poor innocent Americans). So I decided to do a bit of research into the case ,admittedly only a few hours,my initial feelings are:
                  Rudy Guede-Guilty
                  Amanda Knox-Self centered,superficial? certainly. Murderer? Don't know,certainly the case against her is nowhere near proved enough for a guilty verdict.
                  Sollecito-Again no real evidence apart from the knife in his apartment
                  A few points I remain unclear about
                  1. 1) I understand an expert has cast doubt on the knife.Was this an expert paid for by the defence or (as I'm sure I saw somewhere) one appointed by the court
                  2. 2)The report I saw said the kinife could not have been used ot inflict ALL the wounds.implying it could have done some
                  3. 3) Is there any known association between Guede and the other two accused prior to trhe murder?
                  I@ would also appreciate comments on this please .http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6921995.ece
                  Let me close by apologising for my initial anti-american reaction which in this case appears to be unfounded,SORRY.

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
                    Let me close by apologising for my initial anti-american reaction which in this case appears to be unfounded,SORRY.
                    Why didn't you delete your comment then? Apology not accepted. Your comments were too stupid to accept a footnote.

Cheers,

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                      I've just found this excellent link to the case. It goes into great detail about the evidence.

It now "seems as if there was an interpreter"? What does that mean? So all along, there's been no interpreter, but now when people are outraged by the railroading, suddenly an interpreter appears? There was NO interpreter at the overnight 14 hour question session where Amanda claims the cops were threatening her, screaming at her and hitting her in the back of the head to
                      "help" her remember.

And sorry, while that website has a lot of information, it is decidedly biased (by their own blatant admission) to the prosecution. So it is not the best place to get information. A place to get some information, yes. But they have a slant and it is not unbiased.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                        It now "seems as if there was an interpreter"? What does that mean? So all along, there's been no interpreter, but now when people are outraged by the railroading, suddenly an interpreter appears? There was NO interpreter at the overnight 14 hour question session where Amanda claims the cops were threatening her, screaming at her and hitting her in the back of the head to
                        "help" her remember.

And sorry, while that website has a lot of information, it is decidedly biased (by their own blatant admission) to the prosecution. So it is not the best place to get information. A place to get some information, yes. But they have a slant and it is not unbiased.
                        Actually the interpreter was appearing as early as March the 13th.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...her-knox-trial

The wesite posted is biased. But it is a detailed look at the evidence, far more detailed than 5 minute news item or a double page spread in a broadsheet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                          Why didn't you delete your comment then? Apology not accepted. Your comments were too stupid to accept a footnote.

Cheers,

Mike
                          I was merely seeking to indicate my starting point based on early reports on the case in England.A minimum of research reveals I was wrong and I've never been afraid to admit I was wrong.So once again I apologise for any offence.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post

Superb link- thanks jason
                            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I've just looked at the video of the bathroom that Archaic found for us. How newspaper editors can live with themselves after allowing such a misleading photo to be published as 'evidence' I do not know.

Studying the video and 'pretending' to be Amanda I am sure I would not have been at all worried by seeing the 'bloody' footprint on the mat or even if I had seen the little bit of blood in the bidet. After all, we females have periods every month (apart from pregnancy, of course) and I, at least, had several 'accidents' over the years when my period took me by surprise and came very suddenly. The most notable being when the blood ran down my leg and even got into my shoe. That took quite a bit of cleaning up. I can easily imagine Amanda could have thought that had happened and took a shower without a second thought.
                              Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

Suddenly devoid of any desire to revisit Italy lest I be falsely accused, smeared by tabloids posing as journalism and at the mercy of some crazed prosecutor
                                I would think they'd play up the Casebook angle....that alone should be good for life. Do they have the death penalty ?
                                Managing Editor
                                Casebook Wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X