Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rare newspaper account of Mary Kelly murder, Kindle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare newspaper account of Mary Kelly murder, Kindle.

'Newspaper account of Jack the Ripper's last and most horrific murder, that of Mary Jane Kelly, with eyewitness accounts, as published by the London correspondent of the Boston Herald, Oct 9th, 1888.'

just wondering if anyone has read this? it is available on amazon as a kindle, it is only about 14 or 15 pages and costs £1.00 to download. but it is quite an interesting read. I could post the screenshots, although wouldn't want to break any forum rules and get my account closed.

i apologize if i have posted this in the wrong place, or if everybody already knows about this and it is old news - literally!

Hello

Have you checked out the Press Reports archive on this site? It's quite comprehensive, and I'd be surprised if the contents of that Kindle book wasn't already transcribed here.

Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

hello Sam,

Thanks. I cannot find it amongst the press reports. but I have just discovered it was already mentioned a few years back in this thread: http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=4862
      Last edited by J6123; 12-29-2013, 12:10 PM. Reason: I forgot to add a thanks to Sam for his reply and the link he provided.

Comment

My pleasure, J6123, and thanks for your reply. I'm glad you found something about it on the boards here, even if it wasn't where I thought it might be
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Blimey, I've heard of getting a scoop, but reporting a murder a full month before it occurs...that's very sharp indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Blimey, I've heard of getting a scoop, but reporting a murder a full month before it occurs...that's very sharp indeed.
            Suspicious, I calls it...
            - Ginger

Comment

Indeed, well spotted. it should say Nov. 9th.

I can't find the file anywhere on the SD card. I think it just syncs. I've taken screenshots instead. The text is a little blurry but is readable.
              Attached Files

Comment

continued..
                Attached Files

Comment

last few
                  Attached Files

Comment

A link to the Boston Herald article in question may be found on JTRForums

Kudos to How Brown for the upload.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Not entirely accurate but contains an impressive amount of detail for a report supposedly published so soon after the event. The stand-out point, for me, is the reference to McCarthy's opinion that Kelly appeared to be about 30, i.e. fully 5 years older than she claimed.
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                      X