No announcement yet.

Who was the most 'unreliable' witness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the most 'unreliable' witness?

The reliability of witnesses has cropped up in a number of threads lately.For me the reliability should be based on a number of criteria and NOT A PARTICULAR THEORY
    Many witnesses being described as unreliable purely because their evidence throws a spanner in the works isn't the way surely?
    For me certain aspects should carry significant weight to their believability
    1.Daytime or night time
    2.Possibility of being intoxicated or sober
    3.Sighted person being known to witness
    4.Verbal communication
    5.Eagerness to testify
    6.Conviction in belief

For me the above if worked out in to some sort of points chart would put Caroline Maxwell so far out in front there's just no contest
    As for most unreliable at the moment I'd have to go for Hutchinson mainly down to his convenient timing following the close of the inquest. Although he has 3 and 4, his lack of 5 destroys it...
    You can lead a horse to water.....

The man who pretended to sell the grapes to Stride is, in my opinion, unreliable. Pearly Poll also, as she probably even lied on purpose.
    If we go for "honest but unreliable", I'd go for Maxwell.

Schwartz is the most reliable witness, in my opinion. Simply because he saw something exceptional, easier to remember. But 1- I'm not convinced the assaillant said "Lipski" (Schwartz spoke no English and imo, could easily confuse a word for another) 2- the man he saw attacking Stride was probably not Jack.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Lawende fares very poorly under your factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
        I think Lawende said so himself.
        Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
        - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
          Quite
          Yet 99 out of 100 will state his sighting as known fact merely because it causes few issues.He claimed to recognise her clothing if memory serves...
          PC Long in Goulston Street has to be right up there also
          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Working...
          X