Image Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little disturbing...

I'm sorry but am I the only one who finds this a disturbing past time, enhancing photos of dead people? For what reason? They don't add anything except make them even more disturbing. Just seems wrong not to mention odd.

Comment

Rubbish. They're evidence, mate. If you find them that disturbing, you shouldn't be here in the first place.

Comment

Hi Gary

Most interesting.

I'm currently working on a project that uses most of these images.

Do you have any problem with me reproducing them?

And would you be interested in working with other scenes?

PM me if you are.

Yours Jeff

Comment

I'm sorry but am I the only one who finds this a disturbing past time, enhancing photos of dead people? For what reason? They don't add anything except make them even more disturbing. Just seems wrong not to mention odd.

Well, John, no-one is forcing you to look at these images. It also seems somewhat ironic that you subscribe to a site concerned with the exploits of a sadosexual serial killer and then express disapproval on viewing his victims’ photographs.

Whereas you contend that these images serve no useful purpose, some of the more serious researchers would almost certainly disagree. Apart from evidential considerations, the enhancements serve to confer upon the victims a degree of humanity that is sadly lacking in the original photographs. But then, John, perhaps that is what really disturbs you.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Hi Jeff.

Feel free to plunder at will. As for your project, I'd be happy to help.

All the best.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

H Division:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hdiv1x.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	659094

Alice McKenzie:-

Name:	McKenzie1x.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	659095

Polly Nichols:-

Name:	Nichols1x.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	659096

Swanson:-

Name:	Swanson1x.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	659097

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                Rubbish. They're evidence, mate. If you find them that disturbing, you shouldn't be here in the first place.
                I find all murder/crime scene pics somewhat disturbing, but much more so when someone will spend hours photoshopping them for entertainment. They may be evidence but that doesn't mean someone has to slobber all over them because they have nothing better to do.
                These are victims, no matter how old the case is. What is displayed here is not evidence, it's called to much time on ones hands.
                Nuff said.

Comment

I would actually say that somebody has bothered to take the hours necessary to produce this kind of clarity with the photos, for the benefit of others, is quite commendable.

John, clearly you decided to visit the thread again - if you don't like the photos, there's the door. It's that simple.

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

John,

Adam said it more eloquently than I. You might want to find a website more suited to your interests. The rest of us can only applaud Garry's painstaking work.

Comment

I'm most grateful to Garry for his work on enhancing these images, and I'm compelled to wonder what basis "John Winsett" has for presuming so much insight into the extent of Garry's free time.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                        I would actually say that somebody has bothered to take the hours necessary to produce this kind of clarity with the photos, for the benefit of others, is quite commendable.

John, clearly you decided to visit the thread again - if you don't like the photos, there's the door. It's that simple.

Cheers,
                        Adam.
                        Thanks for the advice and thanks for being rude about it. All of you can masturbate over these pictures but it doesn't change the fact that these enhancements add nothing to the case, are not new and aren't really enhancements but bizarre artistic endeavors to make death look pretty. And I think I'll visit as much as I want as this is what the forum is for. Don't expect everyone to agree just because someone put in wasted time doing something that is worthless. The only reason you applaud this effort is because you have nothing new to add to this forum and this gives you a reason to participate. So there you go, you've participated. Proud of yourselves? Good.

AMF

Comment

Thank you for this work. You've done a great service. At the very least, it makes the people, especially the victims, all that more real and pitiable.
                          Joan

I ain't no student of ancient culture. Before I talk, I should read a book. -- The B52s

Comment

Excellent enhancements! Is anyone else struck by the resemblance among Tabram, Nichols, and Chapman. Especially Tabram and Chapman. Those two mortuary pics could be of the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by John Winsett View Post
                              Thanks for the advice and thanks for being rude about it. All of you can masturbate over these pictures but it doesn't change the fact that these enhancements add nothing to the case, are not new and aren't really enhancements but bizarre artistic endeavors to make death look pretty. And I think I'll visit as much as I want as this is what the forum is for. Don't expect everyone to agree just because someone put in wasted time doing something that is worthless. The only reason you applaud this effort is because you have nothing new to add to this forum and this gives you a reason to participate. So there you go, you've participated. Proud of yourselves? Good.

AMF
                              John,

Are you really that niave? That ignorant. You might need to grow up a little before posting here, for the comments you make will find no comfort. I, like everyone, am appriciative of Garrys enhancments. Do you truly need someone to spell why we need clearer and better versions of these photos? I mean, it should be obvious. Let me ask you a question, why do law enforcement officials take crime scene and victim photographs? Also, those who applaud Garry's work, are not only doing so becuase they have nothing good to add to this site, it is becuase, no matter their opinions, they are still respectful.

So who is the rude one again?

Like we all say, if you don't like it here, there's the door. We aren't forcing you too view this. If you continue to make comments, obviously, the real problem isn't that you find him posting victim photography offensive, but that you want to cause issues.

Yours truly
                              Last edited by corey123; 03-20-2010, 10:01 AM.
                              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hi ,

Does anyone else think that the mortuary photo of Polly Nichols seems to indicate that she had a very misshapen nose, pay particular attention to the nostrils, they are both very different in their size of opening. Was she found lying face down and perhaps her nose was squashed against the ground or did she perhaps suffer a broken nose in life ?

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X