Serial killers in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial killers in China

These guys are brutal. Glad they are caught.

I'm not going to China.

Do All Nations & Cultures Have Serial Killers?

Hi Beowulf.

I find myself wondering if all nations and cultures have serial killers?

Does anybody know?

Thanks,
    Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Hi Beowulf.

Does anybody know?

Thanks,
      Archaic
      Hi Archaic
      I certainly don't think that any country would be exempt from the serial killer as all it needs is for the wiring in one brain to be amiss.
      It would be harder to find out in the cases of authoritarian or highly centralised countries, especially if the idea of a mass killer did not fit with any image of that country being the "ideal" society. Somewhere of the type of North Korea, for example. Even highly controlled countries such as Iran and Saudi Arabia use the acknowledgement of social crimes such as murder and drug offences, as well as some actions which are not crimes elsewhere - such as adultery and homosexuality - as the rationale for their public, barabaric and medieval style executions. I find it near impossible to believe - but it is unfortunately true - that a criminal can be beheaded and crucified in public, but it did happen in Saudi Arabia in 2009.
      The society that comes nearest to providing human happiness - the tiny kingdom of Bhutan - is probably not exempt. I know of no Bhutanese serial killer, but I would not deem it impossible.

Comment

One thing's for sure : there aren't any serial suicides.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
          Hi Archaic
          I certainly don't think that any country would be exempt from the serial killer as all it needs is for the wiring in one brain to be amiss.
          It would be harder to find out in the cases of authoritarian or highly centralised countries, especially if the idea of a mass killer did not fit with any image of that country being the "ideal" society. Somewhere of the type of North Korea, for example. Even highly controlled countries such as Iran and Saudi Arabia use the acknowledgement of social crimes such as murder and drug offences, as well as some actions which are not crimes elsewhere - such as adultery and homosexuality - as the rationale for their public, barabaric and medieval style executions. I find it near impossible to believe - but it is unfortunately true - that a criminal can be beheaded and crucified in public, but it did happen in Saudi Arabia in 2009.
          The society that comes nearest to providing human happiness - the tiny kingdom of Bhutan - is probably not exempt. I know of no Bhutanese serial killer, but I would not deem it impossible.
          Thanks Chris.

Somebody was crucified in Saudi Arabia? My God.

What century is this??

Archaic

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Somebody was crucified in Saudi Arabia? My God.

What century is this??

Archaic
            I often wonder...
            On Friday, a ghastly execution took place in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh, involving the decapitation and subsequent public crucifixion of Ahmed bin 'Adhaib bin 'Askar al-Shamlani al-'Anzi, who was executed on a number of charges, including murder, abduction and homosexual intercourse. This comes right before President Barack Obama’s trip to the Middle East and Europe, set to begin in Saudi Arabia tomorrow. While the main goal of the President’s visit to Riyadh may be to garner King Abdullah’s support for a resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and to discuss regional policy towards Iran, Obama’s trip COULD also be an excellent opportunity for the President to bring attention to Saudi Arabia’s human rights abuses, including the country’s frequent executions administered for a large variety of offenses, including many non-violent ones (see the Amnesty International UK report on Obama’s trip to the Middle East). The vicious nature of Ahmed bin 'Adhaib bin 'Askar al

"On Friday, a ghastly execution took place in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh, involving the decapitation and subsequent public crucifixion of Ahmed bin ‘Adhaib bin ‘Askar al-Shamlani al-’Anzi, who was executed on a number of charges, including murder, abduction and homosexual intercourse."
            (Article dated 2 June 2009)

Comment

All the comments on that site are in triplicate!?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                All the comments on that site are in triplicate!?
                I don't know why - reading most of them just once is more than enough.
                The messages from the two men in Saudi Arabia attempting to justify this hideous spectacle are nauseating and frighteningly reinforce the opinion I have of the mentality of many in this truly vile country.

Comment

Hi Beowulf.

Does anybody know?

Thanks,
                  Archaic
                  I actually don't think they do all have serial killers. I'm not sure that there is some culture out there who is immune, but certainly there are cultures and countries where it hasn't happened yet. I think some lifestyles simply don't support it.

Which doesn't rule out spree killing. Spree killing is the recourse of some who has "snapped" for lack of a better phrase. That can happen anywhere. But serial killing is still pretty mysterious.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                  X