Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitechapel 2009 prostitutes "work" at murder sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you think about it, David Wilson's claim and the article in the East London Advertiser of 7 October 1988 (thanks for posting, John!) are both pretty silly in a way, because a prostitute now as back then is likely to be "moved on" by a copper if they try to do a sex act in a public location. More likely they would seek a location where they could get the act done quickly . . . money in hand.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

I wonder if the punters get a discount on the Stride site....in case they're interrupted....

Comment

Discount

Robert,

Gives poinant meaning to the words.. "just for jolly, would'nt you"
        and end up totally "canon-ised" as a result...

A night out doing the complete JTR thing would need, as a bonus, samples of locally fried, flat "killer" fish 'n' chips.

Yup... Jack the Kipper

oh dear Im scraping the barrel now

best fisheries

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi,

If the story is true, then I wonder how long it will be before some nutter decides that just having sex with the girls on the site isn't enough, and thinks it might be quite a nice idea to re-enact the crime?

Scary thought.

Jane

xxxxx
          I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

Hi Phil

There are a number of nicknames by which the killer could have signed himself, according to occupation, e.g.

Billingsgate porter - Jack the Kipper
            Barber - Jack the Snipper
            Cobbler - Jack the Slipper
            Stock market analyst - Jack the Tipper
            Comedian - Jack the Quipper
            Wrestler - Jack the Gripper
            Ticket inspector - Jack the Clipper
            MP - Jack the Flipper
            Sea captain - Jack the Skipper
            Irish navvy - Seamus the Digger of 201 Whitechapel Road

I'm sure Gareth will be along with some more if you will only wate a whil longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              I wonder if the punters get a discount on the Stride site....in case they're interrupted....
              HAHA! they would probably pay double to be interrupted then set up with another girl in M.S.

Comment

on a side note - just found this - rather silly spectacle outside the ten bells.

Street Battle 2006 LD23Jump Off TV MC Street Battle outside the Ten Bells Pub, Shoreditch, London, UK between Kulez (Norwich) and Whashisface (West London).

Comment

Maybe this happy punter is smiling because he got a discount for bringing his own equipment...

Comment

dish

Hello Robert. Perhaps the dish served at Mitre square would be steak and kidney pie?

The best.
                    LC

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWalsh View Post
                      on a side note - just found this - rather silly spectacle outside the ten bells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW3ieTh2TY8
                      I just watched about a minutes worth, it was sheer torture, all for £30.

Comment

Lynn, served by William Bury a la cart.

Comment

menu

Hello Robert. Anyone for a Thomas Neill Cream sauce?

The best.
                          LC

Comment

What, just for Joliot? No thanks, I'm trying to give up.

Comment

coda

Hello Robert. Very well. I'm Deeming it all for the best anyway.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Hi Ally, Suzi and the rest of the raised eyebrows firm.

Just to explain, I lived in the East End/East London for more than ten years and consequently experienced elements of the district that might elude the casual visitor. Since the area is swarming with alcoholics and drug addicts, the 'local' tends to come into fairly regular contact with beggars and prostitutes intent on financing their next drink or crack hit. Being accosted is simply a fact of life, I'm afraid. And for those who really want to gain a flavour of the Victorian East End, by all means visit the murder sites. But you haven't lived until you've been in the vicinity of some of the local homeless hostels after dark.

All the best.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Working...
                                X