Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitechapel 2009 prostitutes "work" at murder sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel 2009 prostitutes "work" at murder sites?

Wilson even shakes his head in disbelief at the popularity of Jack the Ripper tours, where tourists can trace the steps of Victorian London’s most celebrated killer. “Why do people go on Jack the Ripper tours?” he says. “Did you know that some of the prostitutes who still work the Whitechapel area are able to charge an extra 30 to 40 quid to have sex on the site where one of the murders occurred?”

Any truth in this I wonder? Thats pretty bizarre even in my book!

Taken from an interview with David Wilson who just released the book "History of British Serial Killers" - currently reading it - not bad - not brilliant but not bad. He does give a whole chapter to Jack.

I don't know whether to laugh or be disturbed. That's really creepy. o_O

Comment

Creepy indeed, but why is Wilson offering almost derision at people who go on JtR tours, when many of them are probably the very people who would buy his book?

Additionally, is there really that much difference between someone conducting a Ripper tour, and someone writing a book about serial killers? I'm not so sure there is.

Comment

While I was on Phil's tour in Sept. 2008 I remember when we were in Angel Alley near the Martha Tabram site, he described it as being "still used by the local hookers if you've got twenty pounds on you." I guess the rates vary.

Comment

Yeah, the Mary Kelly site would be £100 - so much younger, don't you know, if not prettier.

Love,

Cynicaz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I find the clients who want to do it ( so to speak ) on that spot more bizarre and disturbing than the pro's trying to make more money...

Comment

In my experience, the local girls charge between ten and twenty pounds - this being commensurate with both the service required and the present price of crack. Now there's an offer you can refuse.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

you get what you pay for

Hello Caz. And presumably the Berner street site commands but 6d. What can one expect for 2 seconds of "entertainment"? (forgive me--couldn't resist)

The best.
                LC
                Last edited by lynn cates; 11-06-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                  In my experience, the local girls charge between ten and twenty pounds -.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                  I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Sarah View Post
                    I find the clients who want to do it ( so to speak ) on that spot more bizarre and disturbing than the pro's trying to make more money...
                    Word to that. At least the prostitutes would only be doing it for the extra money, but the punters in question? WTF. It's kind of scary actually.

Comment

Hmmmmm Garry- as Ally said ________________!!

I seem to recall years ago here there was a thread started re characters who 'er shall we say 'Got Off' at Ripper sites....I may have made that up- but I'm sure I didn't! (made that up I mean!)

Suz x
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Thats one for the Ripperologist Mag on the top shelf!

Comment

This may be of interest. From the East London Advertiser, 7 Oct 1988.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Paper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	657997

Comment

I imagine all the ripper groups doing the sites these days might dampen the ardour of any oddball trying to get his jollies at one of them.

You should have seen the look on the faces of two couples from Norfolk as they turned into Mitre Square recently, and they were merely subjected to Liza lying in 'the spot' with her legs in the air.

They were suitably pacified though when introduced to Philip and Rob and I showed them the new edition of The London of JtR.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                              I imagine all the ripper groups doing the sites these days might dampen the ardour of any oddball trying to get his jollies at one of them.
                              That goes for people attempting to use quiet alleys to go 'wee wees'. Last night, two youths snuck down Gunthorpe Street to have a surreptitious leak, only to find that their furtive releif was interrupted by the sudden arrival of me and a 40-strong Ripper tour.

"That'll learn yer!" as my sister would say...

Comment

Working...
                              X